Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I have finally found the time to strip and rebuild the carbs. Carb rebuild kit installed. Float height 7mm. Everything looks good. I have got an “Updated & Braided Air/Vacuum Intake Line Hose Kit” from Marcel. Only problem is the photos on the website are unclear as to where the new lines go. I have only got one connection to the fuel tap, the photos show two. I am guessing the other one is the fuel tank vacuum? Does one go to the two inlet manifolds? Help would be greatly appreciated Luke
Because its a GV125.
Both manifolds join with a T-Piece junction and they feed only the fuel pump.
The tap on GV125 doesnt use vacuum as its manual ON/OFF 🙂
Apr 8, 2021 at 11:07 PM in reply to: [How to Tutorial] Change Vacuum Lines on Hyosung GT125R GT250R & GT Comet (Air Hose Diagram) #5689hi, so my bike got 1 rear intake hole, 1 front intake hole with rear pump and vacuum fuel tap. how can i apply this method? would appreciate much if could help me.
Hey its OK.
Front intake pipe = fuel pump.
Rear intake pipe = vacuum tank tap.
Only GT250R & GT250
Any 125 owners should follow the original topic at the very top above ^^
Hope that helps.
I haven’t, but I will mines is a carb model tho, is it the same as the efi???
F1 light shouldn’t be there. The EFi dash is only for the EFi machines with an EFi ECU
So if you have a carby bike, then you have a CDI which has simpler electronics, it would require a Carby Dash. Tell us the part number on your CDI if you can and also if possible upload a picture of your carbs between the engine on this site.
Have you checked the forum for a 2008-2010 efi manual ? There is a page that shows you how to trick the ECU to display diagnostic code on the dash.
Instead of a switch, people sometimes put a paper clip across the 2 pins under the pillion seat , but caution when you do this though!
I wont lie though i do have a lower cc 2003 GV i just acquired to break for parts but i changed my mind. I really do like the old shape look compared to its recent ones.
If i was to get a GV650 id get the pre2004 ones. Not a trend killer copy but oem plastics are just much nicer than the likes of ST7!
Dont know many people in UK with the german trend killer look. I suppose thats a custom job for you 😉
morning does any one know if the gt/gv 125 upgrade alternator will fit the ga125 cruise 2 all the best chris
Sorry I didnt reply sooner. Mad week!
But sadly it isnt compatible or else I would verified this already in the shop description.
Mar 3, 2021 at 5:05 PM in reply to: [How to Tutorial] How to Swap Upgrade Carb Main Jets Hyosung GT GT125R GV250 GV125 GT250R #5592Hi on my hyosung gt125r 2007 I have a black widow full system exhaust and a k&n air filter with uprated pipes please could you tell me what size jets I need thank you
90 Front and 92.5 rear as mentioned in the the tutorial. Pilots stay the same. The mixtures don’t need messing with as Koreans already set them uniquely each carb.
Only after you followed the diagrams.
Then be *wise & careful* doing this. Have someone with you.
Bike on paddock stand. Start it. let it idle for 2mins. Drop to 1st gear. See if the rear wheel spins.
Did the wheel spin? If yes step 2 below
Rev up while in gear. If it cuts. Its your carb or whole fuel system again.
This is assuming clutch is OK (the whole basket inside the motor) plus cable adjusted properly.
Diagram #2

Diagram #1

I would double check the clutch bypass and the standbypass again.
The CDI isn’t sure thats why you cut when engaging 1st gear. I rarely encourage bypassing clutch switch. Peharps consider connecting it back ?
Though the sidestand switch can be bypassed yes as thats the most annoying thing on thebike tbh.
Also check neutral switch.
If i doubt i can upload a diagram which shows which points of the bike cut sparks off. (ignition interlock system)
How was the carb cleaned?
Small cleans won’t do much, there is so many holes inside. It requires an air compressor as per OEM, liquid cleaner is like stage. Even the permanent Jet called Starting Assist that’s inside. If in doubt, try get the carb to an ultrasonic cleaner guy.A new shape rear end bike (black engine) does take a LOT of cranks to start if anything is amiss (as much as an intake leak or loose connections near the manifolds and the airbox)
Get halfords easy start and spray the air filter many times.
You have 1 good chance here.
Twist the throttle up and down many many many many many many (many!) times while the bike is cranking over.
Put choke on.
Let it rev at 5k for 5mins before turning off choke.
if it dies, it probably cause the idle screw was not screwed in , adjust the idle screw and retry.
Also make sure battery is charged. It really matters.Yes bud. It moves fine when engine isn’t on and it’s in gear with clutch pulled in. When the engines on and the clutch is pulled in I have to rev it up to roughly 5k revs before I let the clutch out. The revs then dip down to 1k and the bike struggles to move. Anything below 5k and it dies
Thats the carb and tap + pump
Or sparking electrics.
Worst case clearances or compression.
PM sent.
Oh man, I really hoped it wasn’t the case. Hmm, it could be just a job to change head gaskets. Changing piston rings could be a long job then you also have to make sure the cylinder wall is not scored. So it looks like you have a longer project ahead.
Do keep us updated cause i would like to see it running so you can go riding as the weather is going to warm up soon 🙂The air filter box sucks air in backwards. The vent at the front was shut to stop incoming rain water going straight to the filter which is a big No No.
The coils have vents to help cool them. The stock coils do warm up a little bit. But mainly the casings are just decoration / hiding things from weather elements.
The GV250 carby has the same capacity. And filter. So dont worry too.much that the box size isnt big enough for a 125. The air filter itself may be showing signs of needing a replacement.
The plugs look tired. Either they need replacing or the mixture screws of the carb wasnt messed with (?) Or wrong size Pilots (?) Or go with Alans latest reply in regards to floats and choke system.
I think myself and simon have responded to this repeated post over at FB. so if you can let us know how you get on?
What you do may help others who are in this site too. although my replies also benefit others. Its always good to share.
Best of luck and I will ship your items shortly. Just waiting for snow to clear otherwise we cant travel on bad ice! (Almost slid today lol)
We just get orings with the filter for our shop. These rings are usually viton grade. I never measured them, our supplier gives them to us. They do not have any ebay links sadly.
The ebay link you posted. Maybe ask that seller if he can make exporting cheaper?
I have acknowledged this and replied to your other new topic 💨🏍
I saw it. I will send you an email soon. sorry i have been swamped fixing customer hyosungs lately. hope you are doing well 🙂
-
AuthorPosts