Register

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Best products #7719
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    10w 40 semi synthetic oil now I use Smith & Allen limitless super 4t & have done for years in a multitude of bikes really good price really good oil in fact I have a ktm that I use their 15w 50 fully synthetic in never even had to adjust the valves. The important thing is to change the oil & filter regularly I do it twice a year march & October so before the winter & before the summer the oils cheap enough to make it worthwhile. Brake fluid dot 4, I recommend fs365 spray for winter use brilliant stuff.

    in reply to: Bike stalls when engaging gear – GT125R #7718
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    There can really only be a couple of things 1 the side stand switch easy to check just unplug it & bridge the connection 2 there’s something wrong in the gearbox I hope not, without a chain on it it would rotate even if it had a stuck clutch.

    in reply to: Gt 125r Throttle problem #7669
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Then it’s most likely blocked/dirty jets in the carb, if it’s been left standing at all the fuel nowadays goes off quicker than banana’s.

    in reply to: Gt 125r Throttle problem #7667
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    It sounds like a broken throttle cable, check with the engine off that bothΒ  butterfly valves are moving.

    in reply to: Gt125 Comet will not start #7661
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Pyramid parts make them, you can pick them up easy on ebay.

     

    in reply to: Gt125 Comet will not start #7606
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Check the interlocks side stand switch, clutch switch first.

    in reply to: Fuel leak #7517
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Most likely a leak from the carbs needle valve.

    in reply to: Hyo rider intro #7500
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Hi there hope you enjoy the bike.

    in reply to: New 125 owner #7496
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Good little bikes, hope it all works out for you

    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Check the clutch adjustment first it might well be over adjusted, you want Ebc fa86hh pads tbh I find the standard fa86 perfectly good enough. Take the calipers off leave the pads in & squeeze the pistons out & give a good clean with brake cleaner, I then use red brake grease smear round the pistons never have a problem.

    in reply to: Non-starter GV250 #7439
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356
    • Check the main fuse first
    in reply to: 2009 125r Downpipes #7398
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Black widow exhausts, I’ve fitted their system to my gt250 stainless steel perfect fit.

    in reply to: Starter motor removal #7379
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    No it’s normal the sprockets run in oil be careful not to damage the o ring when reinstalling.

    in reply to: Valve shims GV125 #7301
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    7.48mm

    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    That tps is definitely wrong from what I can figure out, there’s 2 types of tps a 2 bolt & 1 bolt both should read 1.v something at idle & 4.v something at full, the black smoke is over fueling with a voltage at 3.v something the injection time will be increased but the throttle is closed = flood out = stall, it could I hope not be an ecu fault. Its hard trying to diagnose something when I can’t physically get hold of it but I hope this might help.

     

    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Sorry to keep adding but I’m not sure where the throttle was when you took the voltage reading if it varied in the same position then the tps has got to be the problem the fueling would be all over the place.

    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    I’ve had a little dig about & the tps voltage should be 1.02-1.22v throttle closed & around 4.26v fully open so at 5000rpm it would be between those readings, it might just need adjustment by the sounds of it.

    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Sorry meant to say the tps voltage does not look rightΒ  Β everyone I have seen the voltage is stable, the fact it’s dropping when hot says something is breaking down to me, the exhaust leaks you just need a new manifold gasket that’s the front sorted the rest just some good exhaust sealent will sort that.

    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    You say that you dropped the bike, now there is a tip over sensor fitted this shuts off the fuel pump it might be worth checking that out as it could be messing around

     

    in reply to: GTR125 Airbox #7227
    Simon
    πŸ‘€ Member
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 356

    Put the rubbers back into the air box then fit to carbs is the norm

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 356 total)