Forums 🚥 PIT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help Bike stalls when engaging gear – GT125R

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Sam
      • Topics: 10
      • Replies: 14
      @sambody
      Northern ireland
      Gt125 r

Bike runs great but when I pull clutch lever and put into first gear it kills the bike have tested side stand switch and clutch lever switch and all seems to be working fine currently chain is of bike waiting for replacement to arrive.When I engage 1st gear front sprocket turns abit before stalling I’m guessing bike would lurch forward if chain was on before stalling any ideas thanks

Simon
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 107
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

There can really only be a couple of things 1 the side stand switch easy to check just unplug it & bridge the connection 2 there’s something wrong in the gearbox I hope not, without a chain on it it would rotate even if it had a stuck clutch.

Sam
        • Topics: 10
        • Replies: 14
        @sambody
        Northern ireland
        Gt125 r

Thanks simon got it sorted it was a broken wire at side stand switch after all thankfully alls good now thanks for the advice

Cobra2
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 15
      @cobra2
      Norway
      GT125R

Side-stand switch seems to be a common trouble-maker.  And I often read advice to cut wires and permanently solder the ends together.

But, having read stories about accidents…where side-stand was forgotten…I just wanted to make a reminder-light.

This circuit on picture should work…if switch works… and will not interfere with ignition-system…

Old and grumpy, have fairly wide engine & tuning experience, "restoring" cars & mc, worked as electronic tech.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 39
      • Replies: 763
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Nice input, i also have a carby GV bike and its harness does not check for clutch switch (incase someone tries to start bike in gear) and no side stand switch connector , this is factory , nothing was cut. It seems later models of GV Korea did not bother adding extra checks thats why the later model of GV carby have 2 plugs for CDI

GT has 3 plugs. I won’t like i did make a mistake many years ago setting off the bike with the stand down lol, i made sure this time i will never forget to check side stand is up before going away.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.