Forums 🚦 HYOSUNG CULTURE ☕️ New Member Intros New Hyo Owner / Member intro and advice needed (2007 GT650R).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      sdgone
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      @garyp
      london
      GT650R

Hi Guys (and girls) I just bought my first Hyosung, a 2007 GT650R with 9k on the clock. I’ve not riden for a few years and fell in love with this when i saw it so bought it without doing my research, i could do with a bit of help getting it back to the bike it could be.

Its a great bike from what i can tell nice power delivery, good handeling and SOUNDS FANTASTIC,  However, as i say i got a bit excited and didnt fully check it out before handing over the cash AND there are a few issues.

First, the clutch is slipping….. a 9k i didnt think to check to carefully, but its slipping pretty bad at anything above half throttle. Any ideas where i could get friction plates from?

Second, previous owner fitted an aftermarket can and its popping on deceleration pretty badly, i think this will be the carb model (not taken the tank off yet!) so bought a service manual with the intention of rejetting the carbs from hyosungspareparts.co.uk but they sent me the wrong pdf, bit of googling shows probabbly not somewhere i want to deal with and im not hopefull of getting the right one or a refund! Anyone have a service manual for this model, or experience adjusting the carbs?

Thirdly, the brakes suck but from what i can see its a common issue and some sintered new pads and braided lines might sort that out, any recommendations?

Im just outside Blackburn Lancs, any other owners around here.

Thanks in advance

Gary

Any ideas where the best place to get parts is? at 9k milage i didnt think to check the clutch for slip but looks like

Simon
      • Replies: 261
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

Check the clutch adjustment first it might well be over adjusted, you want Ebc fa86hh pads tbh I find the standard fa86 perfectly good enough. Take the calipers off leave the pads in & squeeze the pistons out & give a good clean with brake cleaner, I then use red brake grease smear round the pistons never have a problem.

sdgone
        @garyp
        london
        GT650R

You know what….that actually worked, seems it had been over adjusted (a lot!) slackened the cable off at the engine side adjuster and no more slippage. Thanks for the info.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,892
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey look at this topic and the PDF was written by someone else to try kill off the popping sounds the bike makes after the ends change in 650cc

[Bike Mod] 650/250/125 – AiS Block Off Removal (EGR Delete)

Welcome to the site,  ask away as much as you want , we’re around to help you stay on the road , you will love the hyosung. It will love you even more if you also give it some nice TLC all over it.   We can’t trust previous keepers to be entirely honest even a garage may not have done a full once over as they claim before selling the bikes even.

I think you have discovered they do have a character don’t they, if they are happy or a little mood they show it 100% .  I can surely attest to this having owned various Hyosungs which i still do.

Stay away from sites like HyoSpares,  WholeSale, EU, Catalogue = They have the same design and run by the same guy who has conned 75% of his people and makes sure a few people actually get their parts   (even if it takes months),  no one in UK likes them.    Hell I don’t even do business with such sites , i deal with real traders on our soil  or the germans typically.    I will update the site to have more things for the 650 but if you don’t see anything, ill usually get it for you!
      Then there is 2 more personal recommendations who are RacingPlanet UK (you can actually ring them, if they still have their numbers) and Startright Motorcycles Leeds (the oldest hyo dealer), i personally buy half my stock from them anyways since they are already in yorkshire as i am. Handy when i need something so i can fix customer bikes quick than waiting for other traders to send me goods.

I am digressing, hey bank holiday is here, have a nice little spin with her!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

sdgone
      @garyp
      london
      GT650R

Thanks for the welcome and info Marcel, much approeciated.  Gave her a good blast and then a deserved clean, shes looking amazing. Yes your right, certainly has character, I’ve had a few bikes from the big names over the years and cant believe how much fun this is to ride, she’ll get plenty of TLC, hopefull will repay me with reliability! Planning a full service and new pads for next weekend!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.