Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
This might be a bit late but have you checked the cam timing the symptoms are similar to being 1-2 teeth out on the intake side
That code I believe would be p0138 which is O2 sensor high voltage Brocken in other words
Sounds like the thermostatic switch which will be fitted to the radiator.
You can get o ring kits that you make yourself any shape etc
7.48mm same as Suzuki
It could be a few things one I would check is the o2 sensor also the comet is really prone to bad connections which is something you need to go through first, the ics is another thing but I can’t state enough clean the connections I mean all you can find
You can splice the wires no problem, tbh on my old bikes I hard wire them anyway cuts out any internal loom problems
No as really the timing would never need adjusting.
The timing is static it’s set by a pick up coil & the cdi
The ignition timing is fixed by the ECU, the marks you refer to are for top dead center so providing your not touching valves etc you don’t need to worry about it.
It will be a damaged valve with the head off turn it upside down & put some alcohol or petrol in it you will see where it’s running out of
It seems like the front cylinder has some damage so head off to investigate further I’m afraid
The problem is where the primary circuit (idle) of the carbs are progressing to the secondary (mains) it’s being starved of fuel could be dirty jets or setting etc
Me a marvel at the same time 😹
I’m not sure what efi version you have, it could be a problem with ICS solenoid or if it has it fitted it could be a problem with the throttle position sensor
If it’s skipped the cam there’s a chance it could have damaged the valves so compression test is the first thing
It sounds like when the original rectifier failed it let the full voltage hit the wiring which has burnt somewhere & shorted everything to ground, a normal stator/rectifier fault won’t smoke the dash etc
Sorry for the late reply I believe they are 10 mm you can little sets of assorted sizes or just the 10mm on their own from the likes of ebay
Copper washers is all you need, one either side
It could be worth checking the air intake sensor as it could be reading to lower temperature and causing prolonged injector timing
-
AuthorPosts