Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Moustache Man
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 7
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

Regarding my previous post (thanks a lot for the help chaps, much appreciated!), after finally finding a spare day to do so, I removed my fuel tank on my GV125, 2016, to access my carbs to clean them.

This was easy, but now i had an issue. The giant airbox was in the way, as i wanted to lift the carbs out completely. I would remove the airbox, but the frame rail was also in the way. How would i remove this airbox, as the jets on the carbs are inaccessible unless you remove the whole carb units.

Would be absolutely appreciated, this really frustrated me and i cannot keep riding on a bike that barely starts/bogs down when i let off the revs. I would be able to easily fix this when i get my hands on these carbs, and change the jetting too 😉

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 367
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Following the old thread, i wanted to quote my old reply, here:

Accessing the Carbs

Perharps another trick as I have done with the EFI bike i own, is that i had to drop the engine a little bit to access the injector system:
      – Try getting a jack and place it under the engine,  loosen the engine mounts at bottom rear.
      – Leave the top rear mount intact, but loose.
      – Remove the front mount, the engine will lower towards the front in a diagonal fashion, so that its slanted towards the tyre.
      – Remove the side air-filter unit.
      – For your bike, loosen the carb clamps
      – Being extremely gentle = > Lift the air chamber unit up and forwards towards the bike
      – Ofcourse get the oil cooler out of the way (2 bolts drops it down)

Unless the engine is dropped down, it’s a creative & gentle process to get the air chamber out, i know the frame-bar is in the middle, strange design is all i can say lol.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Moustache Man
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 7
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

Ahh I’ll have to invest in a jack, or try and find a way to rip this airbox off!

But thanks a lot Marcel, for the previous thread and this thread. This will definitely take a day or so, hopefully i’ll find a day to work on her with. Fuel additives and V-Power did not seem to work.

Will let you know if i need any more assitance/help, cheers

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar