• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Sam.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Moustache Man
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 7
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

So I have recently bought a Hyosung GV125 Aquila 2016 model. The previous owner mentioned that he barely used it since new and it was sat around for half a year. When riding it home, the twin carbs felt really really bogged down.

I took it for a service asap, and the serviceman said that accessing my carbs was an issue, and that it would take hours to complete. He also mentioned something about the type of bolts used, that they were difficult to access/unscrew.

And yes, after looking at it myself, it seems like a meticulous task to complete. I scanned the internet and found absolutely no help at all!

Does anyone know where to start on de-assembling the bike to access the carbs, what tools to use and what hoses to take off etc. Would be so so so helpful. I do plan on re-jetting the carbs and adding a performance air filter too.

Would be so helpful, i can’t stress that enough! So glad i found this page,

Ben

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 369
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

I’m about to head off to bed,  but i have an EFI version here and rode the carby 125 before , believe me…..I understand you clearly lol.

Click “Add media” in the reply box, to attach some photos so we see where you got stuck at ?

If the bike was in Korea for whatever reason or warranty work etc, the engineers would have to drop the engine to the ground, so that the airbox can be removed.

125s tend to have certain “security” torx bolts on some things like box, exhaust pipe etc, to stop owners modding & keeping the warranty i guess.  They are the MOST ANNNNNNOYING bolts to undo sometimes, i pray you don’t have any seized torx bolts as 2016 is young.

In terms of airbox removal, I can understand your mechanic , we don’t want to add any more stress to the intake manifolds as they are very very hard to order new nowdays.

Based on what you tell me with photos and I wake up tomorrow , i will check this post out when i get the chance to .

The gist of what i’m saying here is
      // Factory =  expects to drop the engine down the chassis to access box n carb due to frame-bar in middle.
      Owners = bit of a gentle , i mean gentle but lots of swearing , its a tight packed & strange design that area .

While you have 5 mins to spare, check out the forum a little more i did various tutorials on carb modding and line setups , though they were done on some client GT bikes but principle is the same for GV as they use identical engines.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Moustache Man
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

I’ll take some pictures tonight, and hopefully find some time over the weekend to crack it all open. Get back to you shortly.

Moustache Man
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

Moustache Man
      @benjaminsmith
      Colchester
      GV125 2016

There’s the bolts for the fuel tank, and apparently more connectors. And to remove the airbox, there’s a really fiddly screw that i need to access. Also when removing the fuel tank to remove the carbs, what hosings/tubes do i need to remove? Should i also cut the fuel with the twisty NORMAL, RESERVE and OFF lever and let it run dry before pulling it off?

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 369
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

That thing is called the fake emissions.  You can bypass this by BLOCKING pipes that FEED it.
      1 goes to airbox unit
      1 goes to engine cylinder
      1 slim pipe from the intake manifold
      ^ those 3 above  = stick a metal bung or bolt and clamp it hard.  EGR bypassed.  The engine won’t even miss it.

Now we have less chaotic pipeline to work with 😉

The 2 gold bolts come out,  lift the fuel tank , and stick a prop or stick that holds the tank temporarily!  (use caution as its weighty)

Now you can just about see the pipes going to the “frame mounted”  ON/OFF tap.

Put the tap to OFF.  And disconnect the TANK (& block the tank with a temporary bung/bolt.
      Put the tank aside elsewhere.

Now you should have a clearer vision of the AIRBOX.  Don’t rush to attempt to dissamble it,  even myself still have to fight with GV125s , if i don’t drop the engines to the floor.  Other lads also mention being slow and sideways in to the way you do things.   Check this post out below, there was a discussion about a while back.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/hyosungowners/permalink/2536632946556232/

I’ve heard in the past the owners left the box connected and just undid the carb bowls while sat on engine  , even diaphragm covers on the other side, while trying to swap jets and using small compressed air to blow the carb through,    never tried it myself personally.

I just know the manual says to take the carbs off completely off bike and then use air blast or other carb cleaners.  I know the intake manifolds will be very soft , so probably another reason i rarely mention to do things while carb is still attached to engine and airbox with only its undersides exposed lol.

Once we get past the tank and airbox coming out 1st, then you can follow the tutorials i made (here) and (here) , that show fuel line routing and air pipe routing.  You have a manual tap, so you will be skipping some parts that don’t apply to you & 1 less pipe to worry about  as GT bikes have more anyway , dare i say.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Sam
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 2
      @stiernhufvud
      Spain
      GT 250

You might try this site for info:

https://www.thepaullingworkshop.com/cleaning-motorcycle-carburetor-hyosung-gt250r/

Not exactly the same engine, but very similar way.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar