Hi all,

my bike had been laid up some time and I’m trying to get going again.

With a new battery, the starter was working but it wouldn’t fire. With a new spark plug it’s come back to life.

However, between the stator and the regulator, the power wire (red and green) is absolutely red hot in seconds and the yellow wires are hot but not too hot to touch. I have followed some YouTube vids on testing the stator and regulator and believe the stator may have a fault.

Would this explain the issue or is it more likely a grounding problem (have made some effort to clean up where the coils meet the frame but may require more elbow grease!)?

Any help that anyone could provide would be amazing. Cheers!