Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David 2 months ago.

• Author
    Replies

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 169
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

Hey , sorry i delayed.

I believe from what  you told me=

1. Unplug battery.   Killswitch OFF. Ignition OFF.  Wait overnight (next day).  ==> Switch on Key.  Then Killswitch ON. See if that clears it up (trying to trick the ECU)

Some people short the OBD dealer ports along the harness (find it) but i am out as Ive dealt with enough fried looms lol.

It is strange there is no error code or flashing sequences…

So last checks and probably your last enemies.

1. Ignition coils.

2. Regulator.   Battery should be 14.3v running.  If you see *13.3x* in any revs. Fix the reg. The efi hyo handles up to 15v  since its harness can drop 1 volt in some places (just how it is). A better reg cures most electrics needing a bit more juice  (henceforward = coils either being funny or 1 isnt getting what it wants)

If bike runs normally, i wouldnt panic but it is a good idea to check what i said 🛠👍

Unplug 3 yellow wires of your stator WHILE IT IS RUNNING.

Then switch your meter to AC 500V.   You must get about 75v at 5k revs ish.    Bike electrics (all) start from this device as the stator rotor spins.

Hope these ideas help!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

David
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3
    @lonebiker
    Riding:
    GV250 Aquila 2012

Hi,

Thanks for response, I’ll give it a try and get back to you.

You mention OBD ports. Any suggestions where the are located?

I use an OBD tester on other vehicles. I looked at the DELPHI diagnostic but can’t find any reference to OBD socket. The Hyosung EFi manual mentions a cable for use on other models but nothing on GV250!

Regards

David.

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 169
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

Not every hyo has it. But  you may also add this trick to try.

Bike off.  Then on. Hold *select* see if the digital display flashes  between 6- 14 secs it may or not show up a code.

Although being EFI.  You can always unplug the sensors & electrics and probe with a meter  to see if they match oem specs/ efi manual should saw readings to expect.

This after your have done live tests of the stator n running electrics as i mentioned ^.   Least you can assure yourself every part is in spec.

It may rarely but be the dash acting up or ecu.  They can throw a CHE code which the manual says what it is during a process of turning key on.

Hope it goes away & all is well.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

David
    @lonebiker
    Riding:
    GV250 Aquila 2012

Hi Marcel,

Well I have tried both the suggestions, sadly with no change.

I left the battery disconnected for 48 hours while I was away, but even following the protocol suggested the nothing changed.

I then tried the second method. Unfortunately not a success. Not a single flash!

I have noticed the following:

The “Fi” light comes on with the ignition switch and remains on even with the engine started.

However the”Fi” light goes off instantly when the “Kill switch” is used. when the “Kill switch” is put to the “Run” position it instantly comes back on!

The engine runs (Apparently) quite normally.

I am completely confused. I believe the next step is to search out the OBD port (if there is one) and then go to each connector and follow the manual and eventually the wiring.

Be assured I shall feed back anything I discover.

Unfortunately the nearest Hyosung dealers are beyond reasonable distance and having contacted them by E-mail less than helpful! Indeed the “Official Importer” seems to be as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

I a previous life I was Homologation Engineer for Volvo Cars. The importers in the various countries functioned as extensions of the factory, providing excellent support to customers.

I have to say how disappointed I have been with the contact I have had with Hyosung with the exception of the Parts people who have been quite helpful. Sad, as usually when an organisation is trying to break into a market they offer good support function.

David
    @lonebiker
    Riding:
    GV250 Aquila 2012

Hi,

Sorry it took so long.

I eventually was able to devote some time on the project. I decided to work my way around all the connections that connected to the EFi control unit, one at a time.

A slow process. Disconnect each connection, clean, electrical grease then reassemble, test effect! Move on!

The solution proved to be the “Side Stand Switch”.

I then continued to service all the connections.

I’m sorry I can’t claim any earth shattering results. Once again as with most projects, a methodical approach resolved the issue.

It took quite some but I believe it is unlikely that I will have a reoccurrence. it seems to have taken seven years to happen the first time.

Regards

David.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar