Karl
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 0
      @kvg151
      Wigan
      Aquila Gv125

hi all new member to here

Hyosung GV125 Aquila

bought bike .. was running… couldnt select a gear… bought it anyway… turns out the pin that runs in selector drum was in wrong way after being dropped out by mistake through undoing wrong nut as sump plug drain… anyhow soted that and got gearbox working again but on test ride no power… very slow to build up revs on accelleration and very slow to decelerate whenthrottle released… full carb clean done then upon testing front intake no vaccuum.. turns out running on rear bank only… after removing front bank rocker cover disaster… find intake camshaft had sheared….

now to the real point of my post…. where do i find the cam/ting chain tensioner to deadjust the timing chain to change the camshaft…

before you all say … i have timed up the crankshaft.. and on inspection cant see any valve damage or damage to top of piston from valves being open…

can anyone point me in the right direction on how to deadjust the tensioner and where to access it

regards Karl

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,614
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

If you head over to the manuals section of this forum , get any CC hyosung service manual because the principle is the same. It usually details how to remove / install cam tensioners.

Then because you have a 125cc vtwin.  Use only 125cc/250cc vtwin service manuals  (Carby 12/250 and 250 EFi are the same process for installing cams , tensioners.

We don’t know what size your tensioner or year of your engine. You have a tensioner that has a rubber cap behind it  or  a HEX screw behind it ?

Either way, a tensioner is usually released by — > removing the cap/fat-hex-bolt behind it –> a watchmaker screwdriver unwinds it slowly till it stops by itself, don’t force it. –> then it comes out by detaching it off the engine heads.  Most modern bikes are this way (most brands)

Hope this info was helpful, shame about the situation , that’s not a good day. I hope you get it sorted, summer is fast going away now!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.