• Author
      John
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @winepress
      Finland
      none yet

Hi,

I’ve just registered from Finland to ask opinions about a 2002 GV250 that I have a possibility to buy.

I’m late 50s, 5’11 and 32 inside leg, looking for a first bike, ideally a cruiser of some sort.

I’ve come across a GV250 for sale reasonably locally, 2002 model with 7000km on the clock as it’s been in storage for 20 years. Asking price is 950 euros.  It looks like new externally.

What’s the general opinion, should I run away or snap it up, or something in between?

With thanks in advance

J

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 39
      • Replies: 763
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

How well can you work on any motorcycle , ie what is your skill level ?

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

John
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @winepress
      Finland
      none yet

Well, I’ve done plenty of work on cars and tractors over the years, but the only motorbike related fixing has been stripping and reassembling a couple of moped carburettors, adjusting valve clearances (again 50cc moped), and replacing brake pads on my son’s Honda cbr 125.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 39
      • Replies: 763
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Then from what i have read, i say go for it and get it. If anything you will have fun restoring the Hyosung (though some days you may swear at it but efforts will pay off) , I could be biased to say get it so you can stay in this club haha.

Honestly though the GV’s most common faults tend to be the paint work on the swingarm rust and such, so cosmetic restoration is where you will spend most time unless the bike is looking very good!

Engine wise, if it sounds healthy like it’s purring like a kitten , you’re in good hands! – If it sounds like a helicopter, expect to rebuild the engine one way or another , but i hope it doesn’t come to that!

Either way, as you learn about it, the forum is here for assistance , so get it if you dare 😉 ,

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.