Forums 🚥 PIT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help 1/4 throttle running issue help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pete 6 months ago.

• Author
    Replies

Ashley
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 1
    @young2252
    Riding:
    GT125R

Only thing I can see this being is the same issue that happened to mine. It’s called a Falt spot where the bike bogs down at 5-6k RPM / way to work around this is CDI unit under the seat to cut the green & blue wire & then use some electric tape to secure it. It was a video I seen on YouTube that helped mine. Hasn’t bogged down since! Hope this helps

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 172
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

way to work around this is CDI unit under the seat to cut the green & blue wire & then use some electric tape to secure it.

It works on “GT250-M815″ stamped CDI’s only, and it’s minimal.
    Changing the coils will do better on throttle response than a small cdi cheat which helped old 250s to please eurotree huggers (emissions maybe?)
    The effect on 125cc means the stock coil gets a little push up in 3-6k rpm (which is the area the bike tends to take off from lights)
    M795 or GT”125-M815” are already full power as far as I’ve experienced them on my donors.
    Some report placebo effect , like the SV650 coils are the same as the old 650 lol.

The original poster may not need to worry about the cdi as there aren’t restricted like an ECU is .

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 172
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

Hopefully someone can think of something I haven’t thanks again

Hey,

The pilots are too big. Size 15 front and rear is plenty. (You said you up-jetted, this assumed to be higher than stock. You did not say what size.)

Pilots control IDLE & slow running. Your problem could be this too.

Air mixture screws must not be tampered with by any garage (They are idiots if they did) as the service manual discourages air screw messing , and for good reason.

Main Jets should be 90 & 92.5 = Unless the bike is doing 90-100mph, it won’t need size 95 which is 250cc

Some of the information below is copied from other topics which I replied into. (other topics have pictures & much deeper replies, so have a browse too.)

🔧 Hyosung Technical Help

====================================
    Start your bike. Rev to 4k rpm. Your battery “must” say 14.5v at the meter , otherwise change the regulator. All electrics depend on how healthy the regulator and stator is.
    Anything 13.xx is not good. So bare minimum is 14.5 up to 15v as specified in manuals.
    This is your charging system (& sparking juice)

Big sparks come from better electric supply.
    ======================================
    Speaking of sparks. Remove your spark plugs. If they are “RICH BLACK” (Your jets were too big or the diaphragm slide needle may be on the rich setting, if the garage touched this)

, a healthy bike will show “DARK BROWN” plugs. No sign of ash blacks anywhere.

==============================
    Before you start the bike again, grab a multi meter. Switch to 20K OHMS (20,000), then follow this…
    1. Red wire of your meter INSIDE the HT CAP
    2. Black wire of your meter on the FRAME (NO PAINT) (Find a shiny area!)
    3.—>Your meter must say UNDER 7k ohms max!

Hyosung says your ignition coils must be 5 – 6.2k ohms max. If its higher, you found your sparking / bogging issues. This is way too common, I digress! – I’d ditch the stock coils at all costs & the bike will be a lot happier (AND less annoyed spark plugs).
    Kawasaki units win.
    ======================================

Lastly, Grab yourself some “Platinum Laser” racing plugs. No other plug beats this , period.
    You WILL have a better throttle with such instant plugs.

The stock plugs foul up too easily & hence the peformance of your bike wanes quickly.

Lasers last 2yrs / 50k whichever comes first, if your fueling system is nice and good too.

Sorry I took ages to reply, let us know how you get on. Good luck!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Pete
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 6
    @sebringmaster
    Riding:
    GT125P

Thanks for the replies all,

My bad yes I changed the pilots to 17.5 as it feels like not enough fueling at 1/4 throttle so thought I’d give it a try (no change)

Mains are 92.5 front, 95 rear

Needle moved up or down I can’t remember to richen up the mid range

I did piss about with the air/fuel screws to try and determine if they would help however it didn’t work but originally they were both 1.5 turns out each (made a note just in case)

Your absolutely correct with the plugs as the bike is running rich now

I’ve done everything on your helpful list as this has been an issue for a while.

I’ll take everything back to stock and start from scratch.

The only thing is this problem has been since I picked up the bike and all carb setting were untouched and standard, nothing I’ve done has made any difference, no better or worse which baffles me.

I’ll pick up some new plugs anyway and report back soon, at least I can have the carbs off in 5 minutes as I’ve done it that many times  😡 lol.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar