- Topics: 38
- Replies: 487
The black ring should be brown as milk chocolate. Its a sign you should check clearances and also see if you can get a pro to check mixture (because me advising what turns to put on mixture is rare unless i have the bike at hand myself and will check if it needs balancing afterwards etc) This is a caution.
Now the big issue. And ride less until this is resolved. See the both plugs have a WHITE center cone that is almost clean fresh. Few things come to mind and attack each of them without missing either:
- Overheating engine. Check your oil is JASO MA2 grade. And try use Motul Ester or Silkolene Ester. It must say Ester.
- Air leak or too much air.
- Air leak via intake Orings
- Air leak via airboxes (both of them)
- Is the Rectififer producing 14v at idle?
- Is the Rectifier producing 14.5-15V at 5k revs?
- Check stator 2 pin plug under 200 ohms and tell us what it says. (While bike is OFF and ice cold)
- Check stator 3 pin plug for voltage produced at 5k revs. ENGINE RUNNING. DO NOT DISCONNECT 2 PIN PLUG. SET METER TO *AC VOLTS*. MEASURE PIN1 AND PIN2 = Volts?
- Then Pin2 and Pin3
- Then Pin1 and 3
Your stator is both ignition and charging system. your cdi and coils wont run without it or they perform poorly if stator and rectifier are not in spec.
Thus will explain if the plugs arent firing hard enough or weirdly. after all you have new coils ans NGK caps so i will ignore these 2 products.
Change spark plugs to fresh ones.
What i said above ^ ; also explains the delayed rpms.
Delayed rpms and WHITE center of plug is also a sign the carb needs checking on these (again sorry):
- Check intake manifolds and be VERY VERY GENTLE please. Not made anymore!
- Slide Needle is too deep inside the carb cause less fuel to come out (lean setting).
- Float height must be 7mm be sure of it.
- Jets clogged Pilots and Mains yes. Delayed rpms are also pilots. white center cone of plug is mains and slide needle or air intake system issue (too much) or electrics as above^.
See the ARCH of the end of plug is almost bright grey colour. it should be dark brown as a sign that motor isnt overheating or leaning out due to everything i said above ^
In essense. the whole plug should have zero black marks and a FULL milk choc color everywhere inside the white cone or dark-ish brown (oak wood)
// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....