Toby
  • Topics: 1
  • Replies: 4
@toby-d
Lincolnshire
Hyosung gt125r 2007

Yeah, I don’t even know what has been done to mine, so much stuff on it had been messed with by the previous owner, but I knew it was going to be a project when I bought it so no suprise really, and yeah I balanced the carbs using the gauges today and reset the mixture to the point that it didn’t seem to be running too rich or lean, (going off of smell and how the engine reacted to different load settings like if it bogged down or anything) haven’t touched the jets personally but god knows if the previous guy had or not and didn’t really think to look while it was apart as I just wanted to get it running ๐Ÿ˜‚.

But she’s running now, idling happily and starts first time every time so far ๐Ÿ˜Šonly problem i have left is that every now and again while it’s idling the revs Will pick up for some unknown reason ๐Ÿ˜‚but if I’m honest at this point I don’t care to much because at least it’s running ๐Ÿ˜‚.

All that’s left before it goes on the road is just need to sort the indicators, indicator switch, a good engine service, (brake fluid was changed when I sorted the brakes obviously) then a new starter solinoid and I’ll be on my way to the MOT…

I’ve had this bike for a few months now and I’m so excited to finally have it this close to actually going on the road. I can’t wait to take it out for it’s first ride and so many trips planned for this year of riding ๐Ÿ˜. Including hopefully coming along to the meets and meeting the rest of you guys ๐Ÿ˜‰.

Bring on summer baby!! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜