- Topics: 38
- Replies: 545
If your LEFT FORK at the bottom has a digital sensor attached to the wheel spindle,
Take it off;
- Inspect the wires for water including plug end that connects to the dash harness.
- Add some thick grease on the actual speedo drive unit, the factory grease tends to wash away in rain.
- Test run and see if that helps
- Your dash will have a “digital” LCD display bang in the middle of RPM & MPH counters . The LCD unit counts the fuel level digital
This is for GV’s that are of a later model (which i assume you have)
If the left fork has a MECHANICAL speedo driver which a cable that hooks “directly” under the MPH counter of the dash (not electric)
- Take the cable off and inspect it. The cable is more likely to fail than the actual manual speedo drive unit
- As before with the digital comments above, inspect the mechanical unit and grease it well.
- Your dash will have a “Manual Fuel Level Gauge” for older GV with mechanical speedo drive as a hint.
Lets see if that helps ?
// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....