Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Nigel Eastwood
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      @nigele
      Wirral
      GV125 C Aquilla

Hello  wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Riding home the other night my speedo decided to give up the ghost.

It was chucking down with rain when I suddenly went from 30 mph to the top of the clock then random speeds or absolutely nothing. Today even in the dry started  out with random speeds then nothing. On my way home nothing except the occasional flick of life. Also not recording milage.

I think it might be a damaged wire but dark by the time I got into can’t see anything,  or could it be the dynamo in the hub that generates charge that is converted to speed an distance

Any help gratefully received

Regards to all

Nigel

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 545
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hello,
      If your LEFT FORK at the bottom has a digital sensor attached to the wheel spindle,
      Take it off;

• Inspect the wires for water including plug end that connects to the dash harness.
      • Add some thick grease on the actual speedo drive unit,  the factory grease tends to wash away in rain.
      • Test run and see if that helps
      • Your dash will have a “digital” LCD display bang in the middle of RPM  & MPH counters . The LCD unit counts the fuel level digital
        This is for GV’s that are of a later model  (which i assume you have)

If the left fork has a MECHANICAL speedo driver which a cable that hooks “directly” under the MPH counter of the dash  (not electric)

• Take the cable off and inspect it.  The cable is more likely to fail than the actual manual speedo drive unit
      • As before with the digital comments above, inspect the mechanical unit and grease it well.
      • Your dash will have a “Manual Fuel Level Gauge” for older GV with mechanical speedo drive as a hint.

Lets see if that helps ?

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Nigel Eastwood
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 2
      @nigele
      Wirral
      GV125 C Aquilla

Many thanks  Marcel will pull it all apart give it a clean up, re-lube .dry off the wires and plug and see how it goes.  Any trouble and I will give a shout out.

Regards

Nigel

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar