♠️ MARCEL
Administrator
  • Topics: 38
  • Replies: 366
@mf448kxn6
North UK
GTR

Hello Marcel, Checked all clutch parts but found no obvious damage, wear or out of tollerance parts. Plate 1 (7) are 2.97 mm, plate 2 is 3.48mm so well above the minimum, steel plates all flat and no warping or burn marks. Clutch release bearing looks fine as well as do all spacers, the basket does not show any damage or marks. Think I need to start looking at the gearside, may be the shifter forks or a bearing. Lost of work of course as I need to take the whole engine off the bike for that. Bike has done 8000km (5000 miles) and has had regular maintenance like oil and filter changes. If you hear of anything else to check please let me know. I will update as soon as I have time to disassemble the engin completely and check all parts.

Before diving to splitting the motor,Β  also check the springs also vs the service limit?
Check the actuating armΒ  (where cable connects) is aligned according to the cartoon diagram in the books (so clutch is actually disengaged, rather than being slightly pulled even though its neutral)

Grasp the hub of the clutch with your hand and see if it “moves” even the slightest, but crank bearings should be ok, as 5k miles is a young machine

When re-testing the bike, see if the clutch makes any noises , this time your ears are at the basket during idling,Β  and also hearing & feeling the engine while riding ,Β  the wind is noisy but see if you can pay attention only during gear changes?

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Skip to toolbar