Mick
  • Topics: 5
  • Replies: 9
@daytona675
Uk
Mainly Triumphs

Okay, so sorry for the long gab between updates, due to work and family life just haven’t had time to work on it till today, but I have a massive update!! So I have now got the bike starting every time without fail and will happily run for as long you need until you turn it off and doesn’t stall anymore, and the throttle can actually be used now (concidering before I sorted this it would stall the second you touched the throttleπŸ˜‚) So it turns out that the owner before me and messed with the mixture screws and they were like way out πŸ˜‚so i somewhat sorted that to an extent so that it’s now running, unfortunately then ran out of time for today but tomorrow I’ll be back out there again and I’ll balance the carbs and then set both screws and everything to where it should be and then thats then engine done apart from a good service 😍 She’s so close to being done now it’s unreal just a few more small jobs, which as any of you that work on your own bikes will know they never stay small jobs but either way, should be finished soon then I can finally get back in the road 😫

I have just had the same issue. The mixture screws were set as they were from factory… after a carb clean it ran terrible, constantly surging for idle. Spent 45 minutes getting the mixture right and balanced the carbs… runs sweet now.

The problem is with newer bikes, to meet emission laws carburetors are set so lean its daft. Up the main jets one size and (if you know what you are doing!) Set the mixture correctly. A quick balance if you have vacuum gauges does them a world of good too!

Skip to toolbar