This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ♠️ MARCEL 4 months ago.

• Author
    Replies

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 168
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

Generally over here in UK we use this kit by many 125 n 250 owners.

Uprated Japanese 520 Chain & Sprocket Kit :: Hyosung GT125R GT250R GT125 GT250

Also the best front sprocket aftermarket would be the UK made RENTHAL ones.  They are on the shop page.

I am looking to see if I’ll stock up PBI (US) sprocket, i believe i may have found one but will be sure soon lol.

As for chains. You will want to use a japanese one over cheap aluminium copies.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Nicpsc
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1
    @nicolaspeeler6
    Riding:
    GT250R

Thank you an also what’s the gearing to make it have a little more acceleration I know it depends on the front sprocket but is it the more teeth it has or the less teeth it has that makes it have that little extra boost?

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 168
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

Thank you an also what’s the gearing to make it have a little more acceleration I know it depends on the front sprocket but is it the more teeth it has or the less teeth it has that makes it have that little extra boost?

Hey,
    Depends on the stock that’s ready to go , combinations of 13 / 48  , 15 / 42  are the normally the best ones and the chains max out 100-105 , that’s already the limit of the 250 , sometimes i send 13/46 in some orders  –  All 3 combinations i said , add some acceleration without affecting gearing too much.

I know sometimes even  a stock 125 has 14 / 52  . Just dropping to 13 without rear, is too much lol. Fast take off sure, but top speed is sacrificed now.

The GD250 uses a GT250 sprocket carrier , but it’s sprocket is now factory 48T instead of  46 on GT250  , i think that probably helped it take off a bit better lol.

Hope i made sense!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar