Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bradley
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 2
      @wellfairson
      london
      gt125rc

Hello guys so I have a slippy cluch and I was advised that it may be the oil that was used when I had my service

What’s the best oil to use in the bike I have heard grate things about Motul 5000 10W-40 or Castrol POWER1 4T 10w-40

Also what’s the best engine flush you can recommend for the wet cluch

I have a GT125RS

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 39
      • Replies: 763
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hello,
      ~Motul 7100 10w40  (or 10w50) = Use this forever.
      If out of stock (rarely) , then use these also;
      – Silkolene Comp 4 10w40 or 10w50
      – Silkolene Pro 4 10w40

I said 10w50 is good in summer,  and i use 10w40 during the colder days,  although the 125cc benefits on a 250cc cooler much more.  Just an idea!

Castrol is like water, no matter how flashy the box is.   Motul 5000 is more basic , the service manual of the 125 Hyosung says use premium grade oil if you can to extend its life.  It has a harder life than a 250cc / 650cc does but though it is a very good machine when it is very well looked after.

Look at this link below:

[Tutorial] Hyosung GV/GT 125 & 250 Clutch Plates Replacement How To

You may be needing a new clutch.    Least if a garage was to be sure the clutch is okay, they “must” get a venier caliper and macro gauge and measure thickness of the plates , and springs and confirm on paper.  Let us know, then ill confirm if the plates and springs are in spec.   Though a new clutch does go a long way during servicing.  That’s why in service manual it mentions to “check/measure” or replace the clutch around 4k mark.

Also the 125cc clutch basket can have slight indents in the outter edges which slightly stops plates moving efficiently, these can be filled off gently , unless worn down then replace the OUTER basket.  I will do a tutorial about it when i get round to it.

Oh, replace the filter too, always, see this link here:

[Tutorial] How to Change Oil & Filter on Hyosung GV + GT125/250 +R

Hope i made sense 🙂

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

bradley
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 2
      @wellfairson
      london
      gt125rc

Perfect

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.