Forums 🚥 PIT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help 08 GV250 – need help identifying carb part (please?)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bud_H
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @buddylh
      UT, USA
      GV250

I bought a carb rebuild kit and though I am experienced, as far as automotive mechanics go- this was, admittedly my first time doing so on a bike.

I accidentally turned this small nut too tight and broke the head off.  I can’t seem to find anywhere in the service manual(s) where it identifies this part/number.

Any suggestions on where to get another part, so i can finally put my project back together?

Thanks in advance!

Phillips head screwdriver points to damaged (jet?) [LEFT SIDE]

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 447
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hyosung doesnt sell them to even dealers lol. Believe ive tried asking around in the trade.  Could only get new ones via Yamaha abroad

MotoGB (main uk hyo importer/stockist) doesnt seem to stock em now either 👎

They are called Needle Nut , you will see em here.

Carburettor Needle Acorn Nut (Carb Hollow Brass Screw) :: Hyosung GT125R GV250 GT250R GV125

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Bud_H
        • Topics: 1
        • Replies: 1
        @buddylh
        UT, USA
        GV250

Thanks so much!  That helps a bit-

Would you recommend just tapping out the broken threads, from what I’m assuming is the needle guide/tube?

That’s the biggest problem I’m foreseeing in this snafu I’ve gotten into.

Thanks again in advance

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 447
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

The brass screw would strip itself before the silver collar does , but if the jet needle collar is damaged, tapping a thread and using a suitable carb hollow nut is the abyss here, i wouldn’t know many that go that deep lol.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar