• Author
      David
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 5
      @legs
      Southampton
      Aqulia GV125s

Hi all,

Really confused here, I have the new Aquila GV125s (EFi) and noticed that the coolant is less than the required minimum in the reservoir.

The level is the same as when I took delivery so am confident there are no leaks but here lays the problem. What coolant do I use? It is sort of turquoise in colour and after looking in the handbook I came to the conclusion that a chocolate tea pot would be more useful.

Searching the net, it seems there are 3 types of coolant but as far as I can fathom only 2 would suitable for aluminium heads but neither are compatible with each other,

• IAT (Inorganic Acid Technology) was – and still is – typically used in older motors that contain copper and brass.
      • OAT (Organic Acid Technology) has additives that give it an extended life, but it’s not quite as good at protecting against corrosion as IAT.
      • HOAT (Hybrid Organic Acid Technology) is a combination of both, though it’s potentially incompatible with either. HOAT can last a long time, and it’s effective at preventing rust at low and high temperatures.

So, is there anyone out there could help me out with this dilema?

Thanks in advance.

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 511
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

I use Motul products they are always ace for the job especially the Factory Line grade.

I had a water cooled 125 many years ago and this always served me.

Link to product

https://www.motul.com/gb/en/products/motocool-factory-line

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

David
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 5
      @legs
      Southampton
      Aqulia GV125s

I use Motul products they are always ace for the job especially the Factory Line grade. I had a water cooled 125 many years ago and this always served me. Link to product https://www.motul.com/gb/en/products/motocool-factory-line

Hey Marcel,

Many thanks for the reply and the link, am now sorted. Apologies for late reply.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar