Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Louie Northam
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 5
      @louie98
      Wiltshire
      Gtr125 2016

Hi, having issues with my bike recently were it looses acceleration when warmed up, engine makes puffing noise, overheating and slight vibrations through the bike so from what I’ve been reading the worst that this can be is from a bent valve. Anyone roughy know the cost to replace these in a garage before I send my bike away. Many thanks

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 366
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Are you able to sort of like upload a video through an external source like youtube or fb  or a short clip uploaded to this site.   Least we can listen to it?

Any history of clearances done?

Clutch basket? (Plates , springs etc)

Can you put your hands on the engine while cold, does it shake voilently like someone is hammering it as revs go uo or while idling

Have you heard the cam tensioners behind the engine make noises? (When your ear is directly behind it)(what year is it because 125s have 3 tensioner styles. Big head ,  flat head blunt end, flat head pointy head) or upload a pic?

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Louie Northam
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 5
      @louie98
      Wiltshire
      Gtr125 2016

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgUGkCc3Q_vq3sIV7b9OZ6A
      theres a link to videos I’ve put on YouTube.

Its a 2016.

looked through service documents valves haven’t been touched neither has cam chain.
      The vibrating is very minimal like normal (think I was just overthinking the vibration) The noise seems to be coming from the rear cylinder, and this is where it will heat up to the point I can’t touch it.

Simon
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 25
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

I wouldn’t have thought you have a bent/damaged valve this would cause issues whether hot or cold, the losing power etc when hot could be a fueling problem check the intake manifold for leaks. A headgasket could do the same a simple compression test would be the quickest way to rule that out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar