Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tormas
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @tormas
      South Carolina
      Gv 650

Hello fellow riders, I just got this “project” bike from a guy on the internet. Title says United Motors and branding on the bike as well, however from searching the internet it’s a rebranded GV650 for US market. I have rebuilt the almost all brake/electrical/fuel components myself and finally am trying to attach the air box/fuel tank + fuel/vacuum hoses . These were already disconnected or missing when I took delivery of the bike. Now then on to the problem I am having, there are no direct diagrams for the all the parts I have. I’ve looked into so many parts catalogs/service manuals, and none of them have them listed. I’ve stumbled across a post about the AIS delete and fuel/vacuum line routing for 125/250 but not for my motorcycle, hopefully the pictures can explain along with this post.

https://imgur.com/gallery/eF7ekkE

Tormas
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 1
      @tormas
      South Carolina
      Gv 650

So I haven’t had much luck with finding answers so I will just wing it from what I do understand about carburetors and update with photos on imgur. Today’s update has now been added.

https://imgur.com/gallery/WOfWtCQ

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 321
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey,

You can always click “Add Media” on this reply box , so you can paste images directly  as you type your replies.

Imgur is a handy backup for sure.

So i read through both links now,  first off , nice progress!

The AIS = general consensus is to ditch it , especially if some of us have enriched the carbs or the exhaust has changed ,   we usually bin the devices associated.

The engine “pipes” , not many in the UK especially 125/250s remove it,  they just get a short rubber hose and a bung/roundblock & clamp to the end of metal pipe. basically its bypassed at engine level

Ofcourse ditching the engine pipes with flat blanks is for the visuals 😉

The airbox either has 1 or 2 air ports under it that lead to the AIS device , that can be blocked up too.    Now any vacuum related pipes will simply be used to open the fuel tap & pump mainly.

Least there is less pipping clutter everywhere.

See how you get on  next!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar