Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Andy650
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 28
      @andy
      Surrey
      GV 650 Aquila

Discovered my bike still had the side stand switch as I have been having problems starting the bike. As no adjustment available reached the point where I have cut the switch off completely.

The bike will start every now and then, but the battery needs to be fully charged.

Most of the time when I turn the key on there is a whirring sound of electrics setting up, then when I pull the clutch lever and hit the start button it might briefly try to start but fails and there is just a clicking noise. F1 light is on and the dash display switches back and forth between F1 or 0.

Is there any adjustment for the safety switch on the clutch.

Simon
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 254
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

Have you joined the wires together? Is your battery draining? The f1 light is to do with the fueling/ignition electronics so the switch should not be causing that. If your charging system has gone up the wall it can cause all sorts of gremlins, the clicking will be a relay messing about that could be the cause most likely the fuel pump one.

Andy650
      @andy
      Surrey
      GV 650 Aquila

Thanks for helping Simon.

I haven’t joined the wires together, in fact I cut them different lengths so that they wouldn’t touch each other. They need to be joined up do they, I’ll do that next as taking the switch off has made no difference.

As I am not a high mileage rider I have a battery maintainer, so I know the battery is fully charged. This means the fuel has been in the bike a while and I do wonder if this doesn’t help when starting up.

Simon
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

The wire have to be connected the switch closes the circuit, try that first

Andy650
      @andy
      Surrey
      GV 650 Aquila

The wire have to be connected the switch closes the circuit, try that first

Yes I done that Simon but there is no noticeable difference. Battery fully charged, turn the key and system whirrs into life, the neutral and F1 light up, display keeps changing from F1 to 0, pull in the clutch, press the starter, it sounds like it might start then the clicking takes over and the neutral light flickers on and off. The display goes black then shows 888.

When I reconnect the battery maintainer it only take’s 5 to 30 mins to show fully charged again, depending on how many times I have pressed the starter.

Simon
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

Is the engine turning over? If it is & its not starting its a fueling problem disconnect the relays give them a clean put them back in, the fact it’s not starting does say to me that it’s a pump problem, if the other systems are wrong it should still start admittedly it could be rough but should do something. You can enter a mode that will tell you what has failed but I’m not sure how on the gv650.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.