• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Steve.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 8
      @greenie
      Penrherber, Cymru
      ST7

Greetings all.

My ST7 (2014) requires a new front brake lever but all the searches I’ve done only bring up the GV650 or similat items.

I just need to know if this item (part No 57300HP9501 57300HN9102 57300HN9103) is compatible with the ST7. It looks similar but no one lists it for the ST7 so a bit wary.

Regards, Steve.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,706
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey,
      We have a listing for the lever, that i can confirm it is compatible with yours as the “2014” model still uses the one below  (a bit tatty but can always paint it up?)
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256028459017

ST7 did get discontinued a few yrs later , but Korea has changed parts there and there across their models even the 2001 GV125 had factory 1nch bars than 2007 using 22mm ones, but some sellers think its universal across the board ,  just becautious out there.  if in doubt ,  email me (ill get it from local wholeseller)  or ring Startright Leeds  (oldest hyo dealer) , mention my name to jump the queue .

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Steve
      @greenie
      Penrherber, Cymru
      ST7

Thanks Marcel.

I’ve made the purchase, just need to get the bike mot’d for summer asap. I will look at replacing both brake and clutch levers in the future as even with the adjustments I never found them that comfortable.

On the other hand I’ve found out if the ST7 falls over on that side the standard lever is about the only thing that takes damage. Not a scratch on the tank and only a tiny mark on the exhaust 🙂

Cheers, Steve.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hmmm, do a quick ring with R&G UK and ask if they do crash bobbins for the bike, i can’t remember as i generally deal with the GT650s and i know they exist 100%  , but St7  (GV700iC) makes you a unique club on our soil , look after it, they go anywhere you take them 🙂

Ian
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 15
      @ian900
      Wales
      St7

Yes he’s right 👍 but sorry to say you are not unique as I’ve owned my for 8yrs and still enjoy the attention it gets

Regards

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Yes he’s right 👍 but sorry to say you are not unique as I’ve owned my for 8yrs and still enjoy the attention it gets Regards

8 years ? wow.
      Stay married to her 🙂

Steve
      @greenie
      Penrherber, Cymru
      ST7

Yes he’s right 👍 but sorry to say you are not unique as I’ve owned my for 8yrs and still enjoy the attention it gets Regards

Well done that man 🙂

I’ve had mine for 2yrs now and as you say it gets attention while people try to guess what make it is.

The only issues I’ve had was the notorious stator fail which I replaced and the sidestand sensor locking on last week. Basically while tootling up to a junction at 4mph the bike stalled dead as the sidestand cutout decided to, well, cutout. I toppled over gracefully in response. It took me a while to figure out the switch under the frame was stuck on.

The best thing about the ST7 imo is the seat/riding position. It’s the most comfortable bike I’ve owned. I have a slight hip problem which makes driving a car or even sitting down uncomfortable. On the ST7 i’m in heaven, my wife jokes about parking it in the living room so I can watch tv for longer with her.

Regards, Steve.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.