Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Will
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 5
      @hyoliam
      Cambourne
      Hyosung Aquila gv 125s

Hi guys ,what spark plugs does my hyosung gv 125s on a 22 plate take ,as I want to do my own service on it as bought it private,many thanks šŸ‘

ā™ ļø MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,738
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Good for you! – I guess its one way to learn about the bike but don’t rush anything. The factory plug isĀ  CR8E which you find at any local halfords

Hyosungs do NOT likeĀ  “Iridium IX” (The blue boxes)Ā  – Overhyped junk plugs tbh and only good for 5k miles.

NGK’s best plug is the Laser Platinums ,Ā  like what you see in this forum store. šŸ‘

Ignore CR7 , CR9Ā  = the bike will get in a bad mood later on.Ā  Just CR8E is more than enough for the entire year. So ignore anyone saying it’s better to use incorrect plugs.Ā  Ā I always throw away incorrect plugs whenever i fix a customer bike.Ā  And i either use CR8E orĀ  Laser (if they want to upgrade it with ngk’s ht leads with it) Since the OEM black leads commonly failĀ  Ā (Hyosung doesn’t make the HT leads, so it’s just a common outsourced unbranded part for various bikes)

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Will
      • Replies: 5
      @hyoliam
      Cambourne
      Hyosung Aquila gv 125s

Thank you Marcel,be assured if I need any more help or not sure on something you’ll be my first person I contact šŸ‘

Northman
      • Replies: 7
      @northman
      Spain
      GV125S Bobber Euro5

Marcel. WouldĀ I lose the warranty by changing the cables for the ngk ht ones?

Northman
      • Replies: 7
      @northman
      Spain
      GV125S Bobber Euro5

What’s wrong with the Iridium IX? it’s because of OEM wiring?

One of my friends has the iridium IX on his yamaha and hasn’t changed them in 40,000km, they work perfectly

ā™ ļø MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Marcel. Would I lose the warranty by changing the cables for the ngk ht ones?

Not really if if you allow a garage to install it for you,Ā  then warranty should be OK but………. because if you lose warranty then bike will still be grateful you got rid of the black caps, they cause too many issues right now.Ā  Ā That’s why you never see us selling brand new OEM black caps.Ā  Ā 99% of Hyosung owners worldwide change it even 650 owners.Ā  Hyosung doesn’t make the black caps,Ā  it is an outsourced part.Ā  (too cheap made) , NGK rarely fails.

IX Plugs =Ā  Hyosung’s just don’t like them.Ā  Ā Some other brand bikes are OK with it.Ā  So hence we generally recommend stock CR8EĀ  orĀ  LASER Platinum.Ā  Ā Laser Platium is NGK’s best street level plug. And race bikes use it too.

ā™ ļø MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey, read here from the officialĀ  NGK websiteĀ  Ā (they changed name to Niterra now)
      https://www.ngkntk.com/products/spark-plugs/
      Click where it says “Platinum”
      If you don’t see it , it says this

“Platinum Spark Plugs
      These spark plugs are equipped with a platinum plate on the middle electrode. This ensures a more constant output of the spark plug over the entire service life, even under difficult conditions. Based on its narrow middle electrode, it emits very little spark voltage. Moreover it discharges the ignition coil, and ensures optimal combustion.”

They sell “LASER” as Platinum orĀ  Iridium Platinum = As long as the box is “rainbow color” in their text, that is the best plug for street use.Ā  It is more long laster thanĀ  cheaperĀ  “IX Iridium” which has a blue box.

And yes to the 2 links you posted from the shop

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.