This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul shipley 3 months ago.

• Author
    Replies

Andy650
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 12
    @andy
    Riding:
    GV 650 Aquila

Welcome Paul

Surely South Kent got some of this sunshine in the past week.

Glad to hear that there is going to be a new Aquila 650 owner down south. I live in Surrey about 80 miles from Folkestone and own a 17 reg Aquila Pro. Maybe we can get together some point over the summer to compare notes.

Safe riding

Andy

Paul shipley
      • Replies: 8
      @shipo282
      Riding:
      Aquilla pro

Sounds good to me. I’m about 10 miles from Folkestone and work there too. Just itching to get the bike now…. 😆

Andy650
        @andy
        Riding:
        GV 650 Aquila

I have one bit of advice. For some strange reason these come with the footrests set on long reach which was uncomfortable for me as I’m only 5′ 8″ . To move the pegs a couple of inches closer you will need to get a shorter gear change linkage arm to carry out the adjustment.

Paul shipley
        @shipo282
        Riding:
        Aquilla pro

Cheers for that. Hopefully being 6ft it won’t be an issue.

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 146
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

Welcome to the site!

Sorry I delayed , I wanted to also say you can meet us on one of the annual hyo meets that we do , check out the “events” section of this forum  or   more specific conversation also appears in the facebook group “UK Hyosung owners club”  (Yes, some are still on social media lol)

Maybe you might see us on one of the future meets ,  speaking of rides.

The 650s are generally good bikes, and a little more torquey than the SV although, both company have a long shared history with engine R&D work these bikes.

Id caution to keep an eye on the regulator , and stator. These would be the common complaints across all hyosung CC bikes ,  the koreans did try to improve it , but they still fail.   As yours is a new bike ,  your dealer should replace it accordingly if it acts up.

#1 most annoying problem and sadly may void the warranty , is the side stand switch.   Even when while riding , your bike may cut out frequently  as the kick stand switch rattles away inside , it’s just a really crap unit but i digress!

We usually cut it off & bypass it by joining wires .  Our only caution is that don’t set off without double checking the stand is up!

All in all , good TLC and servicing will keep you riding it for years , i do know some of our members on here have had 1 hyo for 7-12 years.

Ride steady, summer is coming!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Paul shipley
    @shipo282
    Riding:
    Aquilla pro

Jamy thanks for the words of advise  Pretty much standard stuff then, nothing special to worry about. That’s good.

Hoping to get the bike in the next week to ten days although I have to say its been a series of cluster f***S from start to finish buying this bike  Had to settle. For a pre registered one so although brand new will be on an 18 plate. Either that or wait another 6_8 week’s. 🤐😖☹️

Andy650
      @andy
      Riding:
      GV 650 Aquila

Paul, I hope your bike purchase is coming along okay.

If it isn’t there is a nice looking 17 reg with extras on ebay at the moment.

Andy

Not mine I must add.

Paul shipley
    @shipo282
    Riding:
    Aquilla pro

Sorry for absence but bikes and.e are getting on great. Just been in for her 600ile check up. Now to start racking up some proper miles on her.

OK Niggles.

Efi not very smooth with the throttle control. Very on or off..

Speedo useless.

And

Leg length to pegs a stretch.

Other than that what machine. Just love riding her.  All I want now is a proper sounding exhaust 😊😁

Andy650
    @andy
    Riding:
    GV 650 Aquila

Good news, congratulations.

I don’t mind the exhaust note and I like the look of that massive exhaust, but when it comes to the sound of the hooter!  🙄

It cost less than £7.00 for the shorter length gear shift link rod, P.No. H25525HP9500.

Paul shipley
    @shipo282
    Riding:
    Aquilla pro

Good news, congratulations. I don’t mind the exhaust note and I like the look of that massive exhaust, but when it comes to the sound of the hooter! 🙄 It cost less than £7.00 for the shorter length gear shift link rod, P.No. H25525HP9500.

cheers for that fella. Will get one ordered.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar