• Author
      roy
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 1
      @hyoroy08
      wigan
      aquila gv125

hi guys and gals

im roy from wigan i own a 2008 aquila gv125 thats been a total pain in the backside untill a certain somone had me running round my bike with a multimeter

well to cut a long story short ,a pulse pick up coil later my aquila gv125 is running has it should…..it better behave itself or has i said to the hyosung guru its going off the end of a cliff lol

on a serious note Big Thanks To Marcel

Tom
      • Replies: 13
      @kernow
      Cornwall
      GV125

Hi and welcome.

Lovely looking GV125 with lots of very tasty extras. Well done and glad to see her running as she should.

A multimeter is a wonderful tool.  Most people would of replaced the rectifier, then the ignition coils, then cdi and then the stator with pick up coil. They would never of known it was just the pick up and have travelled a very expensive journey. No spark can be such a pain.

DAVID
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 15
      @bowie
      norwich
      GT 125R AQUILA

Welcome, I have just bought this one , cant wait to get on her

roy
      • Replies: 1
      @hyoroy08
      wigan
      aquila gv125

Hi and welcome. Lovely looking GV125 with lots of very tasty extras. Well done and glad to see her running as she should. A multimeter is a wonderful tool. Most people would of replaced the rectifier, then the ignition coils, then cdi and then the stator with pick up coil. They would never of known it was just the pick up and have travelled a very expensive journey. No spark can be such a pain.

oh it still ran when cold it was when it was upto running temp it all went tits up so to speak….and she’s had

new ht leads ……new uprated ngk plug caps…….new coils…….new plugs……new front and rear tyres new air filter …..new oil filter and oil all in the last couple of months…..( this lot in the last couple of weeks finding the  fault lol  new ht leads ……new uprated ngk plug caps…….new coils…….new plugs)

Tom
      • Replies: 13
      @kernow
      Cornwall
      GV125

What a nightmare, no wonder you are talking about cliffs. Must have driven you nuts. Well done for sticking with it and not torching the bike.

What advice did Marcel give that eventually fixed it?

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 519
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

What a nightmare, no wonder you are talking about cliffs. Must have driven you nuts. Well done for sticking with it and not torching the bike. What advice did Marcel give that eventually fixed it?

I sent him a new pickup coil as everything else checked out to be inspec as per service oem limit.  Hence we got busy with the meters.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar