Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jasoncampbell
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 5
      @jasoncampbell
      South Wales
      GV650 Carb

Well I managed to drop my GV650. Or rather the CCTV shows it clipped by a van, took out the front break lever. New one fitted less than £20. However, because I sort of panicked I also ordered the hydraulic Hyosung Aquila Master Cylinder OEM GV650 × 1 (2008 but it seems not to matter) so I will have one for sale coming up- unused. Apparently, and please check this, it just seems to fit all the models? From the 250 to 650cc. I may well put it up for sale here if allowed (or ebay if not) since it seems unlikely I will need a spare hanging about (I hope)

I’ll be honest I am struggling with the weight of the bit when stationary. Fine riding it but because of muscle wastage 500lbs of cycle is a struggle, I’m having to literally get into the gutter to avoid the camber. Pity as I like the bike, the sound is great, speed is great although I’m not using anything near that- pull away in 2nd then stay in 3rd has been my style so far (especially with the brake today). Seems like this is the bike I should have bought a decade ago, before cancer, but I will give it a while yet. It’s a strange bike, I had a hd 883 BACK IN ABOUT 1988 AND IT IS VERY DIFFERENT TO THAT BUT STILL FEELS LIKE A VT UNDER ACCELERATION- VERY DIFFERENT TO THE hONDA vt250 i USED TO HAVE, THAT REVED TO NEAR 12,000 FROM MEMORY AND PRODUCED JUST OVER 40hp. Blew up on a monthly basis as it was really a grey import from Japan, where they had a racing series for it.

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 337
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey,
      Sucks to hear about the drop,  trust me i’ve dropped mine in the garden and could hear the wallet crying lol.  But with a good chassis, its mainly cosmetics to fix up

Speaking of , the  master reservoir fits any hyosung GT/GTR if it has 7/8″ fitment,  some Aquilas have 1 inch bars (fatter), so you would have to confirm which one it is  , even peharps attached pic too.

I wont lie, rode the inline 4s 400s after my test ,  test rode friends bikes zx9s , triple 675 ,   i prefer the hyo twins knowing how the sv650 pulls as my mate had one , i suppose its up to your tastes and what you want out of it,  the hyos are quite honest twins lol, fact is know that the hyo pulls better than the Sv anyway.

They are heavy, i wont lie about it,  i have to be gentle pushing it around , doesnt feel like it when you start riding away though

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

jasoncampbell
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 5
      @jasoncampbell
      South Wales
      GV650 Carb

There’s nothing wrong with the bike, it is me, I am wrong for the bike. If I was fitter this would be a keeper and there would be some customisation going o. I’ve had HD 883 and I prefer the GV and that is the truth. Yes it isn’t a light bike, and the CoG a geometry is ‘different’ but nothing a biker can’t handle by the time they are ready for a GV 650. Just the cancer has really killed me physically, I was much happier on the RE Bullet which isn’t that much lighter and isn’t exactly low slung with that tank on the Classic- obviously it is much slower so would drive a lot of people mad as it is 125CC speeds (if not torque). If you see some strange bloke stalking you lot on what looks like an old British bike (or an 80s custom single that looks like a ladies bike) around the Elan Valley then you might guess who it is. On the GV650 I would have been in every reservoir we passed I think.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar