This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Dale Boniface 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dale Boniface

What annoys me the most is seeing people spend ยฃ50+ on a tail tidy , then have the trouble of it not fitting. You can adapt your own to make it look just as good if not better !

Here is my ‘how to make your own tail tidy’ with no money๐Ÿ’ฐ. That’s right free ! You will need a saw and a drill that is it!

The picture will be in order start to finish process.

This is the horrid stock tail you will have from the manufacturer, I think you’ll agree its yucky!

You’ll want to cut away everything hatched green ! DONT GO ANY HIGHER THAN THE BULKY REFLECTOR.

You should have something similar to the picture above.the big square in the center will be from the reflector.

Remember when I said don’t go hoghhi than the reflector? That’s because the light curves down towards the bottom and you u want a small clearance gap. ( The white bit under the light is the amount of clearance you should leave )

Place your number plate on and mark out where the holes will be ( the yellow square is my plate )ย  the proceed to drill the holes.

*NOTE * WHEN DRILLING A HOLE IN A NUMBER PLATE ALLWAYS GO FROM THE BACK TO THE FRONT*

You should then have something that looks like this. The white circles are me showing you the new bolt locations.

Then the final result looks like this .now isn’t that alot smoother and prettier than this bulk bellow.

*Disclaimer*

In the UK it is illegal to ride on a CBT without displaying a front and rear L plate. If you wish to make your own tail tidy I am not to be held responsible for any accidents or brakes that may occur to your or your bike in the process.

Enjoy saving money! If you have made your own tail tidy feel free to upload a picture of yours ๐Ÿ™‚

Ride safe

You will obey me as I am your king.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar