Forums 🚦 HYOSUNG CULTURE 😃 General Chat Keep seeing specs and info for GV125 with 6 gears

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 49
      @kernow
      Cornwall
      GV125

I keep seeing info for earlier GV125 with 6 gears. My 2011 has 5 gears and 6 sounds very interesting.

Hyosung manual says 6 gears and tech info sites have early GVs with 6 gears.

Is this the case did they have 6 gears at any time?

If they did how did it change top speed etc?

Can newer models be altered from 5 gears to 6?

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,880
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

They did exist but much rarer though! –  It is now common they are now 5 speed,  as is the GT125 bikes.

It is the GT650 and GV650 still to this day share the same engine but  the GT650 has 6 gears.  (Sometimes the GV does!) – Also depends on the markets Korea sells the bikes to.

Don’t worry though, the 5 speed gearbox on the 125 is more than adequate for it as the 6th would be like some kind of overdrive gear.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Tom
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 49
      @kernow
      Cornwall
      GV125

Thank you for that info Marcel, it has shed light on that.  I have no intention of altering mine but info is useful. I will keep my eyes peeled for an old 6 speed 125 as it has peeked my interest.

The fact that the 650 shares the same bottom end is interesting also, shows the strength of the 125 set up.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.