- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by ♠️ M77.
-
AuthorPosts
-
-
Sep 10, 2026 at 12:31 AM #23495Bike Model = : 2014 GT250R EFI DELPHI
Hello, good day!
I am facing an intermittent high idle issue on my 2014 Hyosung GT250R EFI. Let’s say 1 out of 5 times when I take the motorcycle out, I face this issue. The motorcycle begins to idle at around 2.5k rpm and I lose most of the engine braking so it doesn’t feel good at all to ride the motorcycle. Most of the times this issue can be fixed by turning off the motorcycle for around 5-10 minutes but this is not a permanent solution for it.
Posting a video of the issue I’ve faced this issue earlier this year; After riding for an hour or so, the rpm was fluctuating from 2.5k and back to 1.5k rpm. Fix? Turned off the bike for 5 minutes and it ran fine again, no high idle rpm or fluctuations.
Posting another video of the issue I took last week; This time the issue came just after riding about 10 minutes. The idle rpm went up to 4k rpm but I kept riding for 20 minutes, then it started to idle at 2.5k rpm. This time no fluctuations, just steady 2.5k rpm idle. So I’ve done the same thing, turned off for 5 minutes and it ran fine again.
I want to fix this issue for once! Surprisingly it doesn’t show FI light or any code for this issue.
Just for background, the motorcycle runs fine, but this issue doesn’t let me sleep. It’s recently serviced, cleaned throttle bodies and injectors, new plugs and caps. Seeking your help, thanks!
-
Sep 10, 2026 at 3:25 PM #23498
It is possible the plug for your Idle Speed sensor needs checking and your TPS needs checking (using the service manual)
My suspicions point towards the Idle Speed Control (Sensor Valve) and your TPS unit as this is affecting throttle twist and idling. Riding seems normal (riding doesn’t need idle speed sensor valve that much as bike is moving at full speed)
Spray your intake bodies with carb cleaner to check for leaks , while you cleaned injectors , it would be good to change the O-rings inside the throttle-bodies themselves
Regards
-
-
AuthorPosts
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.