Forums 🚦#HYOCULTURE ☕️ New Member Intros Hello from Cornwall – GV125c

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Tom.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tom
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 13
      @kernow
      Cornwall
      GV125

Hi, thought I would introduce myself, Tom from Cornwall. Been away from bikes for over 25 years after an accident but decided to get back on and get riding again.  Did my CBT and bought a XV125 Virago which had been stored for 20 years but found it a little small for me being 6’4″. So I went looking for a larger 125.

Found and bought an old 2011 GV125 carby that had been sitting for 7 years after the previous owner died.  She was stored in a garage but unfortunately the rust bug had got to her and needed some lovin to be brought back to use. Only 4,500 miles on the clock so it would of been a waste for her to be broken or scrapped.

Here she is now, after frame clean up and a considerable touch of paint, chrome cleaned as best as it can be, 520 chain and sprockets installed and a full sevice. Ready for her MOT this coming week. The engine sounds very sweet and she goes through all the gears, brakes where good and just needed a clean and service. Oil was still see through but changed with new filter anyway. All electrics work except the fuel gauge, which was an easy fix as just stuck. Carb was very clean when dismantled and the inside of tank is rust free. All in all I am very pleased with her and knew I had found a good bike when she was first pulled out of storage and she started up and idled after a fuel change and new battery.

Ordering new shocks and a few bits like the rear chrome fender guard brackets and lower fork chrome covers to tidy her up further, but they are not essential for MOT.

Do have one question though, do the gv250 fork covers fit the 125? Hyosung UK has the 250 but not the 125 covers.

Thanks, tom

DAVID
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 15
      @bowie
      norwich
      GT 125R AQUILA

Hi Tom, this is my new toy, its getting delivered in October , have fun,

Tom
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 13
      @kernow
      Cornwall
      GV125

David, I love it.  Good colour too.  Enjoy your new toy.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar