Forums 🚥 PIT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help GV650 swingarm bobbins/spools

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Daz 1 month ago.

• Author
    Replies

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 232
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

If your GV has a swingarm taken off the 650 GT,  but usually most 650 GV/GT will have holes under the swingarm to screw in aftermarket bobbins, which their size should be either 8mm or 10mm threaded.

Does your bike not have the holes ? Could dave you fabrication work to get hole spots welded on lol.

I’ll be looking to do it another way similar to what the 125s have (replacement adjuster block with intergral bobbins) , i’ve been thinking about it the past year as a new mod.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Daz
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 6
    @dazz
    Riding:
    2007 GV650 EFI

I can’t find any screw holes for the bobbins, I’m thinking about having a couple of bosses welded on, but to be honest I was looking for an easier option  😀

♠️ MARCEL
    Administrator
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 232
    @mf448kxn6
    Riding:
    GTR

I can’t find any screw holes for the bobbins, I’m thinking about having a couple of bosses welded on, but to be honest I was looking for an easier option 😀

I’ll be honest, if the swingarm comes off, re-paint it and the bike shall thank you lol. Hyosung uses a lot of paint on plastics, tank, and the frame but swingarm tends to get patchy much sooner,

alas… salty roads in UK though lol.  It shouldn’t bother you much if bike doesn’t see the rain everyday where you staying now.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Daz
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 6
    @dazz
    Riding:
    2007 GV650 EFI

It’s coming off when I repaint the bike, two birds with one stone  😀

I’m still waiting for the TPS to arrive so I may be starting the painting sooner than I thought.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar