Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Nick.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Nick
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 3
      @nick
      UK Essex
      GV 650 P

I am the proud owner of a GV650P (2017) it has an ixil exhaust which is made for this model just the end can not a complete system the issue is a jerky throttle response at low rpm and if  you open it up in the wrong gear it coughs and splutters .The tick over can be a bit erratic once warmed up but can be settled down by turning her off then restarting , so that said does anyone have an idea what could be this issue and is there a power commander for this model and year . Finally it may be an imbalance in the air sensors but that is just guessing is there a high flow air filter for this machine it’s not the can type (already got that wrong , got one from DNA filters) but the flat type .

Many thanks

Ed
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 6
      @edber
      Ireland
      2009 gv650

Try testing the throttle position sensor and see what readings you get,i had to adjust mine and it makes a big difference.

Nick
      @nick
      UK Essex
      GV 650 P

Hi Edd

I have have watched a vid on that issue and although I haven’t got any voltage readings as yet l did move it a bit at a time and it did have an effect on the bike and indeed it seemed to make a difference maybe when I can get the readings ( I believe I want about 1.4 volts at tick over ) l will get a better throttle response. Could the ixil exhaust and lack of high flow air filter have an effect . Many thanks for your reply .

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 491
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Another point to consider is that certain lambda sensors and certain Hyosung ECU’s on EFI bikes  (250 or 650) will react weird if they sense the exhaust is exiting the air too fast or too much,   it is stock tuned to respond to the original hyosung muffer.

On a carby bike we usually upjet the carbs (mandatory) or the engine leans out eventually and runs hotter, not good long term.  A high flow filter does help the carby machine but hey,  More air IN or More air OUT  = still means fueling must be upjetted.

Now with EFI bikes, hmmm, have you put the original can back on?  If its happy, then you know it was the can.   In “sometimes” making the baffle as small as the original OEM can will limit the flow , and see if the lambda sensors and ecu stay happy then

Ofcourse you get less loud though but the little backpressure it gets is good at low down RPM.

let us know how you get on and let us know which type of can you have as IXIL make various cans and sizes , even stubbies (which is almost making it moot vs a prefered fuller size long can)

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Ed
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 6
      @edber
      Ireland
      2009 gv650

Hi Edd I have have watched a vid on that issue and although I haven’t got any voltage readings as yet l did move it a bit at a time and it did have an effect on the bike and indeed it seemed to make a difference maybe when I can get the readings ( I believe I want about 1.4 volts at tick over ) l will get a better throttle response. Could the ixil exhaust and lack of high flow air filter have an effect . Many thanks for your reply .

About 1.25 volts i believe is the sweet spot,mine was at 1.08 volts as from the factory setting and i adjusted up to 1.25 volts.The service manual shows how to test with a multimeter.

Nick
      @nick
      UK Essex
      GV 650 P

Hi all and thank you for your comments so far the Ixil exhaust is an SOVE  the original can had been modified by the previous owner and was so loud it had to go but I may put it back on just to see if the issue is resolved but it is ugly as sin so will have to go eventually. So I will be back in the same boat .

Nick
      @nick
      UK Essex
      GV 650 P

A quick update TPS voltage checked and ok haven’t refitted old exhaust as the modification is rather badly done baffle mostly removed and so much louder than the present Ixil . Although the TPS has made a slight difference the problem still exists

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar