Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike Edmunds
      • Topics: 9
      • Replies: 47
      @edmundsmyahoo-co-uk
      MƔlaga, Spain
      GV250

It’s time someone designed and made a new one that can be fitted after carbs. Come on engineers, someone make one!

ā™ ļø MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,671
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Itā€™s time someone designed and made a new one that can be fitted after carbs. Come on engineers, someone make one!

You can technically do it like this;

• CNC BOX made out of metal.
      • 48mm(ish) rubber slotsĀ  (from some other bike you hunt at salvage yard) under the metal box with 2 holes.
      • Carb sits on the metal box
      • Front of the metal box has cnc welded metal pipe with a short rubber boot to hang on to the side-right air filter container.

Then you can do away with the complicated plastic box šŸ™‚

That’s why my tutorial advises the plastic box and carbs to mount first and tight…..Ā  the slide intake pipes from under 1 by 1 , i mean if you do it often it becomes easy and routine like.

The stress comes from being delicate with the rubber pipes that can easily buldge and split!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Mike Edmunds
      @edmundsmyahoo-co-uk
      MƔlaga, Spain
      GV250

Thanks Marcel. I’m so loathe to take the carbs off and do it as you said! I was thinking of a cone filter but there’s no clearance!

ā™ ļø MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,671
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Thanks Marcel. Iā€™m so loathe to take the carbs off and do it as you said! I was thinking of a cone filter but thereā€™s no clearance!

The problem with cone filters has been happening for years and was discussed in another hyosung forumĀ  (but its shut down now which is a shame)Ā  and also facebook hyosung groups and my own experience.

I’ve tried so many ways believe me, i really have and so has everyone else.Ā  Ā The Hyosung 125 twin forces you to keep the airbox system.Ā  Ā It will never be happy or run right if it has pods and it doesn’t help with carbs being upside downĀ  (that’s the design and the nature of CV carb allows vertical rows of carbs to power multiple cylinders if space is an issue etc)

hence forward even this shop only sells “replacement” catridge filters to go on filter covers and customers still retain the airbox.

I feel your frustration haha.

It’s now all about “how meticulous” can you keep that intake pipe and carb from requiring frequent removals off the chassis šŸ¤

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Mike Edmunds
      @edmundsmyahoo-co-uk
      MƔlaga, Spain
      GV250

šŸ˜€

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.