Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Chopper_Whitewolf
      • Topics: 7
      • Replies: 12
      @chopperwhitewolf
      Glasgow
      2008 Hysoung GV650 EFI Anniversiery Edition

I’ve been scouring every dark and damp corner of the interwebs for three days straight trying to find a drive belt for my 2008 GV650… Well, one that doesn’t cost 400 quid.
      I know there is a good chain conversion but prefer the smoother ride of a belt drive, and the only supplier for the chain conversion kit I’ve found is in the US.
      Esther is my daily driver, and my only vehicle, so time is a critical factor as well as parts availability.

I understand this is a crazy idea. I’ve been riding since 1995 and have never bought new. So I’ve always had to wrench on my own bikes. I’ve just never run into parts scarcity like this before.

--==I have come to comfort the disturbed and to disturb the comfortable==--

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,880
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

If it helps , I can always do a chain conversion kit for you as a local stockist just email us , as most of my 650 clients use chains now until their budget allows them to go to a belt system again (at that point, it’s good to change the pulleys, keep old ones as spare)

If i ever find a way to source a cheaper belt in the UK from my traders, ill be stocking it on the website like crazy ,  has to be good quality , none of the china crap that snaps in 2 days.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Chopper_Whitewolf
      @chopperwhitewolf
      Glasgow

If it helps , I can always do a chain conversion kit for you as a local stockist just email us , as most of my 650 clients use chains now until their budget allows them to go to a belt system again (at that point, it’s good to change the pulleys, keep old ones as spare) If i ever find a way to source a cheaper belt in the UK from my traders, ill be stocking it on the website like crazy , has to be good quality , none of the china crap that snaps in 2 days.

Excellent.
      Thank you

Chopper_Whitewolf
      @chopperwhitewolf
      Glasgow

Any advice on where to source a decent idler sprocket chain tensioner I could adapt to fit the GV650 swingarm?

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,880
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

I responded to your email regarding the sprocket tensioner ,  not something i generally come across to be fair , and most of them are chinese made, so i am unable to verify their quality or how well they tension the chain

Small motorcycles probably (50cc/125cc can get away with it with their 428 chains) ,  but the beast of a GV650 running 525 chain.  I mean if you find one that fits properly from Amazon (not ebay) , if its junk, Amazon will take it back free and your money is back.  Expect trial & error

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.