Forums 🚥 PiT STOP 🔧 Hyosung Technical Help GT250 EFI Tank – Fuel Cap Falling inside!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Reiss
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 7
      @unhallow
      West Midlands
      GT125R

Doing a fuel tank switch over as I’m converting carb -> efi, so I’ve got the efi tank and I wanted to exchange my lock over.

Unfortunately, there was no key provided with the EFI tank, so resorted to using a hammer & a flat head to break the old lock and got it open.

Problem is now, I’ve got this internal plate and when I pull it into position and lightly hammer it flush with the edge of the tank, put my lockset on & then attempt to close/lock it, everything falls through and returns me to square one.

Any ideas?

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,880
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

I have never ever seen that before! , it looks like the tank will need repair / welding job as there should be no gap like that as if the small red center has broken away from the main tank upper shell.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Reiss
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 7
      @unhallow
      West Midlands
      GT125R

Solved: used chemical metal/epoxy to secure the inner plate to the tank! Apply your product, let it cure for 24 hours.

Seems to have done the trick until I can source/afford a new tank

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,880
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Solved: used chemical metal/epoxy to secure the inner plate to the tank! Apply your product, let it cure for 24 hours.

Seems to have done the trick until I can source/afford a new tank

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Thanks for sharing this! = But keep an eye though!  – Don’t loose the carby tank either.  very rare things.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.