Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Carter
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 17
      @carter69
      Llanelli
      GT125R

Here are my plans for the bike some I have done others to be done I will post updates with pictures as I complete this long term project the build will include alt the usual mods exhaust air intake ect aswell as cylinder porting polishing custom exhaust fabrication custom intake manifold fabrication timing gearing fine tuning suspension upgrades and much more

โ™ ๏ธ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 545
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Patiently following this ๐Ÿ™‚

If you will , try to also reinforce the internals of the motor by putting beefier parts though, more power more responsibility ๐Ÿ˜‰

Things like better bearings, new cam chain , clutch pack, sparing no expensive to motul oil, and what not.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Carter
      @carter69
      Llanelli
      GT125R

the first thing I done when I had the bike was take off the the tail kit and cut the bar that it screws into I then welded a small plat across approximately 2 inch down from the plastics …. Free tail tidy๐Ÿ˜‰

Carter
      @carter69
      Llanelli
      GT125R

When I brought the bike it had a bottom end knock turned out the Conrod bearing had gone allowing the piston to to come down a little further and smashed rear piston my cheapest and best option was a 2nd hand bottom endย  with pistons for ยฃ60 I now have my mint condition bottom end with no crank that I will be reinforcing ready for when all the other mods are made and showing successful gains

Carter
      @carter69
      Llanelli
      GT125R

Whilst switching the bottom ends over I preplaced all the outer engine bolts for stainless steel

Carter
      @carter69
      Llanelli
      GT125R

Then came the air intake bigger main jets and stainless bolts for the carb … Whild doing this I thoroughly cleaned the carb and lifted the needles to the bottom notch to compensate the change in airfuel ratio at low to mid throttle

Carter
      @carter69
      Llanelli
      GT125R

then of course a performance exhaust can ,I have more air coming in I need to let it out so I went for the end can only as that is enough to make a difference for now as I will be fabricating custom stainless pipe 2x 1 1/2″ going into 1 X 2″

Carter
      @carter69
      Llanelli
      GT125R

New tires…carbon fibre tank protector and tank cap protector ….. Please let me know if anywhere does a nice protector for the steering head (yoke) preferably carbon with a red R

โ™ ๏ธ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 545
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Top Yoke Decal – If i know a UK maker i will let you know or i may just do it because someone from the US actually wants to do it but i told him i’ll think about it. It was going to be a new shop item on a limited run to see how they fair up in popularity.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar