Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      mark
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 3
      @4800mark
      swansea
      gt125r gt650r

I have a 2010 gt 125 its a carb model it runs and revs fine but when i try to ride off it just bogs down and i cant get over 10 mph can anyone help please

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 471
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey,
      It sounds like first off all the carb is heavily clogged up , you would be advised to get access to Air Compressor (as per OEM)  and some liquid carb cleaner (don’t skip air compressor trust me)
      – Clean the Main Jets, Pilots, Starting Enrichment Tube (the jet that doesnt come out in the carb)
      – Clean the slides , check the rubber isn’t torn (put it up in the sky and see if light shines thru)(Can’t stress this object)
      – Clean every hole thats inside the carb sekelon itself, those are air and fuel passages. Very tiny holes.

Once you have finished cleaner, check the 2 tutorials below to confirm your “Slide Needle” is in the factory or rich position  (NOT lean!)  and also that your main jets are in correct size  (stock or not)  and  PILOTS are marked “15” each.  (Critical)

[Tutorial] How to swap Carb Main Jets – Hyosung GV & GT 125/250

[Tutorial] How to adjust Carb Slide Needle (Tuning) – Hyosung GV & GT 125/250

Report back to the forum with your results after a quick test ride.  Don’t forget to clean the plugs.

If we can address the monstrosity of a carb, then it will be easier to diagnose everything else in the bike if problems persist.

Last shout, when cleaning carb, be very religious about it!  Best of luck!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

mark
      @4800mark
      swansea
      gt125r gt650r

Hi cleaned the carbs jets are the right sizes and slide needle and there set right ive changed the fuel pump on the bottom of the tank new plugs but still the same ☹

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

If you are absolutely sure every word i said is checked out cause it still sounds too much like the carb.  I would try to check over what you havent checked.

If not ,  at least do a compression test and let us know what PSI is each engine head. Just to get the top end out of the way.

mark
      @4800mark
      swansea
      gt125r gt650r

The compression on both cylinder is 150 psi and stays at 150 psi

mark
      @4800mark
      swansea
      gt125r gt650r

Sorry forgot to mention the mixture adjustment screws dont have the rubber caps on them so not sure if previous owner has adjusted the mixture

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

The compression on both cylinder is 150 psi and stays at 150 psi

That is good.   Engine seems OK.

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Should be around 2 1/4 to  2 1/2 turns out front

Then the rear about 2 3/4 turns out. Be very wise. Very delicate screws. Clean the area hard 1st.

Float height 7mm. Not less. Not more

Jets Pilot – Size 15 each.  Check again and confirm you can shine light through em.

Main jets 87.5 front and 90 rear or upgrade to 90 front and 92.5 rear

Slide needle should be middle groove or  3rd groove towards pointy tip

What i said and how to do so is at the above links of tutorials of jetting and slide adjustment.

Carb would still have to be the culprit is your compression is bang on.

Next time.  Clean plugs.  Go ride whatever highest speed safely then turn off plug.

Upload pictures of front and rear spark plugs so i can see how dark your threads are and how dark the middle of the plug tips are.  Its time to get visual now

Best of luck!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar