Forums 🛍 MARKET PLACE ⛓ UK Vendors Grand Prix cant find a dealer!

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Karl.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Karl
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 6
      @drusssnaga
      Riding:
      Grand prix plus

Have to say sorry, i took a ton of picture so i could upload here but didnt realise they had to be a lower pixel to be uploaded and its 11:45pm now so to late to snap pictures lol

I bought a 4 stroke 125cc hyosung grand prix 2004 cheap £80, body works perfect, engine works perfect but had alot of noise comming from the gear box. I thought easy fix its the variator thats been stripped! £15 on ebay perfect! Turns out it was the variator but i cant find one anywere! Its like they have erased it from history! Ebay sets all have more teeth to. But some of the splines have been worn down on the shaft to so im having even more trouble finding one of those! Iv tried 100s of sites, even emailed the main UK dealers but its like hitting your head up a brick wall trying to get through to them. but im open to any input you guys might have?

Karl
      @drusssnaga
      Riding:
      Grand prix plus

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 244
      @mf448kxn6
      Riding:
      GTR

Hey Karl,

You are correct to say it’s a rarity as they ain’t imported in UK anymore and  much lower numbers are still on the road still to this day, it’s a case of relying on social media sites to see if there is someone selling a crashed version to salvage parts from , believe me , I know how it is.   There was a guy selling one a long while ago for cheaps , it was on the Hyosung Owners Facebook group, a deep trawl through the posts may be warranted, we don’t know if it was sold on by now.

You could try phoning Startrights Leeds and say Marcel sent you, as they are still one of the oldest hyo dealers , sometimes their stock may include old GA cruise parts , but i am 50/50 on when it comes to the Korean Hyosung scooters.

They do service a lot of chinese scooters each week though, so they have connections with MotoGB (the UK importer) to try to backorder some parts , it is worth trying fella 👍

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Karl
      @drusssnaga
      Riding:
      Grand prix plus

Hey Karl, You are correct to say it’s a rarity as they ain’t imported in UK anymore and much lower numbers are still on the road still to this day, it’s a case of relying on social media sites to see if there is someone selling a crashed version to salvage parts from , believe me , I know how it is. There was a guy selling one a long while ago for cheaps , it was on the Hyosung Owners Facebook group, a deep trawl through the posts may be warranted, we don’t know if it was sold on by now. You could try phoning Startrights Leeds and say Marcel sent you, as they are still one of the oldest hyo dealers , sometimes their stock may include old GA cruise parts , but i am 50/50 on when it comes to the Korean Hyosung scooters. They do service a lot of chinese scooters each week though, so they have connections with MotoGB (the UK importer) to try to backorder some parts , it is worth trying fella 👍

Thanks for the reply

I did try startright but i caught the fella just going to his dinner break but he did say he would call back but i havent heard from them.

Il give them a call tomorrow and il drop your name to thanks.

Im still tempted to buy one of the sets on ebay for £15 said they fit gy6 but i dont want to be throwing more money into somthing i cant find other parts for

Karl
      @drusssnaga
      Riding:
      Grand prix plus

il need a new shaft to not sure if it would even work with a variator now how low its been worn down! No teeth left on the pulley to and the rollers had worn down to nothing also

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      Riding:
      GTR

Hmmm, when you ring up tomorrow, ask for Martin or Anthony,  i’ve met them personally, so i hope they help you find a way to get that motor going.

Ask also for BOOMER125 / GPS125 Hyper parts and  possibly they can try to order it alternatively abroad, if no stock is in the shop or the UK wholesellers they use for parts etc..

I’m not 100% sure the Hyosung Boomer has the same shaft, as i never seen the bike in the flesh,  but i have a gut feeling it could fit!  – that gy6 ebay listing you saw , would be a gamble that’s for sure.

I suppose talking to the seller with dimensions etc , might get some light in to the situation with yours to match up, if going through the aftermarket route.

CNC cloning that shaft might dent the bank balance, if some fabricator dares take on the challenge.  Just throwing the idea out there!

Karl
      @drusssnaga
      Riding:
      Grand prix plus

Hmmm, when you ring up tomorrow, ask for Martin or Anthony, i’ve met them personally, so i hope they help you find a way to get that motor going. Ask also for BOOMER125 / GPS125 Hyper parts and possibly they can try to order it alternatively abroad, if no stock is in the shop or the UK wholesellers they use for parts etc.. I’m not 100% sure the Hyosung Boomer has the same shaft, as i never seen the bike in the flesh, but i have a gut feeling it could fit! – that gy6 ebay listing you saw , would be a gamble that’s for sure. I suppose talking to the seller with dimensions etc , might get some light in to the situation with yours to match up, if going through the aftermarket route. CNC cloning that shaft might dent the bank balance, if some fabricator dares take on the challenge. Just throwing the idea out there!

I think i might just sell the bike on, if im having this much trouble finding a variator im pretty much screwed if i need anything else. I did find a website selling the part i need but it was all in czech and just a diagram showing the full variator and belt+clutch assembly but google translate isnt 100% accurate and i could have just been buying 1 bolt for £40 without postage

Hyosungmoto.cz

Was the site just incase someone in furture needs any help.

Think il give startright another call tomorrow.

Main uk hyosung dealers all ask for part numbers or they cannot help but the only part number i have been able to find are for brake pads  on there main site they list the grand prix in the drop down menu but you cant click it, like its old discontinued so i think thats all the answer i needed.

Thanks for all the help though buddy

I did look for the hyper parts but just as hard to find but also the spline shaft is different to

Karl
      @drusssnaga
      Riding:
      Grand prix plus

Just a quick update, the part numbers that are on the czeck site (Hyosungmoto.cz) do work. I tried them on the uk hyosung parts request page and they emailed me back the price and shipping cost but all in US dollars? Prices were little steep 30$ for an outside pulley plate then 20$ postage.

Just confused why i requested parts on the uk site but pricing was in US dollars?

Just wondering to if this will be the fate of all hyosung models? In a few years time they will discontinue parts? Bit of a worry.

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      Riding:
      GTR

Just a quick update, the part numbers that are on the czeck site (Hyosungmoto.cz) do work. I tried them on the uk hyosung parts request page and they emailed me back the price and shipping cost but all in US dollars? Prices were little steep 30$ for an outside pulley plate then 20$ postage. Just confused why i requested parts on the uk site but pricing was in US dollars? Just wondering to if this will be the fate of all hyosung models? In a few years time they will discontinue parts? Bit of a worry.

My dealer locally has the actual paper back book with part numbers on it written Korean, if I ever have to match them up or something

Hyoparts/sparesUK,  .nz,  .eu = are shell companies that are run by overseas people. They are correct to mention stuff in dollars anyway , as that’s the easiest global currency to convert to UK pounds or euros , etc.
      The only company i know that is a real importer in uk (with an actual UK base) is MotoGB but they don’t appear to stock what you have.  Sinnis will be importing future hyos under EFI ones anyway starting with their latest GV125 Bobber S.

I’ve not found out the true cost of your parts,  if the site you use says they have it for true? Then I guess that’s an option there.   As for shipping/logistics , it’s up to them what couriers they use and if the parcel is weighty to ship it to UK.

Karl
      @drusssnaga
      Riding:
      Grand prix plus

Iv tried hyoparts and all i found there is i remember was an electrical pump or starter cant remember. Couldnt find the spares uk site though, only plumbing sites turned up.

There is a variator set on ebay they have listed to fit  a Polaris Sportsman Predator Scrambler. And it looks identical! Even the same amount of teeth inside the pulley. But thats £17 and a months wait for postage from china, and i needed new transportation a week ago.

Not sure im aloud to post links to ebay pages? I did think of posting the set for anyone in the future who stumbles on the thread.

I do hope sinnis re make the grand prix / hyper range but its doubt full if hyosung dropped it and its only a 2004 model.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar