Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      John
      • Topics: 7
      • Replies: 18
      @mac1
      Hartlepool
      Own

Hi Marcel just to let you know I have got it running apparently it was the floats in the carb weren’t opening thanks for all you help but I have one more problem it’s the pipe on the underneath the tank I have had to plug it  because the petrol come out off it and I can’t find any we’re it goes i sent a photo of it some one said it was a over flow from the tank but it can’t be because the tank is nearly empty  so the overflow is out could you help with this it would be much appreciated

Thanks again

John

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,880
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Post pictures on your next reply by clicking “ADD MEDIA” green button.

So we can see and verify which pipe it is.   A few pictures would be best.  (where it starts from and where it ends)

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

John
      @mac1
      Hartlepool
      Own

it comes underneath the tank on the right side and doesn’t go anywhere but petrol comes out of it

John
      @mac1
      Hartlepool
      Own

Don't know what the pipe is for

John
      @mac1
      Hartlepool
      Own

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

it comes underneath the tank on the right side and doesn’t go anywhere but petrol comes out of it

This picture,  are the pipes attached to the fuel pump itself going the right direction ? I could be wrong but it seems like fuel is going to the bottom of the pump

Usually the PUMP itself has arrows for fuel flow direction and it looks kinked on one of the pipes , could explain running issues too.

Maybe rotate the pump again ?

Also i still can’t see which pipe is leaking fuel , maybe lift the tank and hold the pipe while getting a picture?

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

This picture,  are the pipes attached to the fuel pump itself going the right direction ? I could be wrong but it seems like fuel is going to the bottom of the pump

Usually the PUMP itself has arrows for fuel flow direction and it looks kinked on one of the pipes , could explain running issues too.

Maybe rotate the pump again ?

Also i still can’t see which pipe is leaking fuel , maybe lift the tank and hold the pipe while getting a picture?

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

On this SECOND picture, is the pipe dangling down physically attached to the bottom of the fuel tank or is it coming from a carb ?  Try another picture ?

John
      @mac1
      Hartlepool
      Own

Yes it is physically attached to the tank from underneath

John
      @mac1
      Hartlepool
      Own

As to the running problem I have sorted that out the problem was the floats in the carborator weren’t opening that has been sorted out now it runs fine it’s just the pipe on the right side underneath normally when I have seen that on some bikes it joiner both side of the tank together  but there is nothing to show that on this bike so I am stumped

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Yes it is physically attached to the tank from underneath

It overflows to the road,  and it is also a breather pipe  (vent) , so let guide it on the frame until it faces the road.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.