Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Alan
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 13
      @radders
      Manchester
      Aquila125gv classic

Hi all, does anyone know if the front brake callipers on  a gv250 are the same as the ones on a 2008 gv650 ??

Simon
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 107
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

I’m sure the calipers are used on all models.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 39
      • Replies: 763
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

As per Simon 🙂

If it says TCTC on the caliper, then yes any hyosung “TCTC” caliper will fit as they are grey coloured.

Just not the “brackets” (different forks , different mounts for different bikes)

If the GV125, has caliper that says “DSG” at the back, then you need a 2001-2004 GT125 Comet caliper that is also “DSG” branded , these are rare as are very very early ones for GV125/GT125 specifically.

GV650 is always grey TCTC until later EFi models used black forks and nissin-style large 4 pot calipers.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Alan
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 13
      @radders
      Manchester
      Aquila125gv classic

Ok, thanks Simon, I’ve noticed the difference in price between the callipers for the gv650 ones for other bikes are cheaper even though they are the same callipers

I’m trying to decide whether to buy new callipers or just new pistons and seals, l can get new callipers for £62 each

I found a uk comp that can make new pistons for me but not give me a price for 4 yet until they receive one of my old ones, if too expensive the l think l will go down the root of new callipers

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 39
      • Replies: 763
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Myself and partners here in Yorkshire make CNC pistons which are better quality than ebay ones as true stainless hence warranty on them is lifetime, otherwise we lied. Just refresh your seals or fluid every 2-4yrs (liquids and rubber) – pistons themselves you fit and forget 😉

it could work out cheaper in long as OEM pistons eventually rot, so i make sure my donor bikes don’t have such pistons, i tend to discard them asap unless you only ride in dry days then you will be fine!

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.