Forums 🚦 HYOSUNG CULTURE 😃 General Chat DEALING WITH HYOSUNGSPARES.CO.UK????

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ZiggerZag
      • Topics: 3
      • Replies: 11
      @ziggerzag
      East Midlands
      GV250 EFi 2016

I placed an order for some parts with Hyosung Parts UK, www.hyosungspares.co.uk, and paid by PayPal.  The order was confirmed and delivery was expected 10-20 days.  Six days later I received an email claiming an additional £45 as “EMS SURCHAEGE” (the misspelling is how this appears on the email and website).

Do any forum members have experience of dealing with this website?  Have you found Hyosung Parts UK to be satisfactory suppliers of genuine parts?  Have you experienced this request for additional payment?

This £45 adds 52% to the original paid bill which is significant, and I now suspect I’m going to be hit with Import Duty and VAT when (if?) the goods reach the UK.

Any Forum Member’s comments and experience of this supplier will be much appreciated.

Best regards, Merry Christmas and Happy 2022
      ZZ

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,614
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey,

I will duplicate my reply on the other topic you just made, sorry if you see the same reply twice!

on facebook there has been a lot of complaints about that site.  I myself never used them and i don’t intend to .   I may sound biased , i don’t think they can move as fast as i can whatever the item is if was to order from my own b2b trade.     Real Hyosung UK that any trader or dealer can use or even “phone” them with a physical UK base is  Sinnis & MotoGB

The site , plus .eu , plus wholesale etc, are suspected to be clones of the same man that runs it according to many member reports through social media channels.

I did find it funny the gramatical error to charge someone that much for EMS!  – I’d rather much deal with germans sometimes and they use DHL

You will also have to worry about import fees courtesy of HMRC/ParcelForce  , i don’t think the site you used pays that.   I do have to pay customs but thats my expense so i don’t charge clients unexpected extras.    But i am digressing,  I would just be wise if i were you ,  yes parts do come sometimes , but sometimes it’s a mixup like a client of mine had a GT250S cable instead of a GT125R throttle cable.   I had to make him one and send it to him , he is now disputing his case false advertising  (and yes , it was not even a genuine cable sent despite them saying its genuine parts only) .    Keep an eye on what you do and talk to the seller about your EMS woes ,  otherwise it’s kind to be refunded if the order hasn’t left the seller’s location  (wherever they are located but for sure the product is not dispatched from UK soil!)

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Ed
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 9
      @edber
      Ireland
      2009 gv650

Hyosungsource.com is reliable and also whygostock.com.

ZiggerZag
        @ziggerzag
        East Midlands
        GV250 EFi 2016

Ed

Thanks for the links – I do like the hyosungsource.com site, particularly because they appear to have exactly the thing I am looking for, a heel gear shifter that works with the small floorboard on the engine protection bars that have been fitted to the bike.

Also they have new upper front fork covers which are mysteriously missing on my bike.

All the best and a Happy New Year
        ZZ

Mike Daborn
      • Replies: 16
      @glide919
      Hampshire
      GT125

I ordered a fuel tap for a GT125 and received it within ten days and nothing extra to pay. However what they sent was incorrect and although they said they will refund me if I return it the postage cost is the same as the item value. The only confirm refund of the item, nothing else so not worth bothering. They tell me the tap I ordered is out of stick yet they still show it as available. No idea what tap they have sent me.

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Sorry if you see this reply twice,

That’s for fuel tanks that with a built in vacuum tap (pictured you posted)

That’s when the later UK GT bikes had black frames and did away with the “external” tap system.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with the external tap system, it does last a far while better than the korean vacuum type.   The externail silver frame tap has a hex/square block at the bottom that can be taken off to get rid of any dirt traps, while the filter does the job of filtering particles before it reaches the fuel pump.

The “spigot” (tall things) inside the tank have a little mesh on top for 1998-2004 era 125GT bikes and the external tap likely has one too,  2 spigots = 2 pipes from the tank down to the external tap system.

I may find a diagram if i confused you.

Hope that clears it up!

ZiggerZag
      @ziggerzag
      East Midlands
      GV250 EFi 2016

To round off this tale I am happy to report that all my order from  HYOSUNGSPARES.CO.UK has arrived safe and sound.  As the dispatch was dated 29th December (after the excess carriage charge was settled) then the tracking data shows the goods arrived at Heathrow on the 31st – just in time to hit the New Year Bank Holiday weekend.

Thankfully I was not hit with a bill for VAT from Customs & Excise, the total bill was under the £135 threshold so that’s a relief.

Next job is to clean up the frame under the engine and get the centre stand fitted, splendid.

Happy New Year
      ZZ

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Never again lol. Zigger , just got lucky! – Im happy for you.  Now get your gal ready for the spring 2022 coming soon 🙂 & happy riding for time being.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.