Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Lee
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 3
      @leepylee
      North East
      GT250

I have bought some adjustable levers and I notice the clutch has a small electrical push switch built in, what is this for?

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 519
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

The bike checks your kickstand switch and also the clutch lever switch before starting.

It is to prevent you starting in gear by accident or false neutrals.

Also when you ride around, its always checking that you pulled the clutch in before changing gear. if that switch was to fail while riding etc, it will cut off the sparks and bike comes to a halt. That for sure i know lol. So i wouldn’t bypass the clutch switch, just keep the wires under the airbox free from water / corrosion and all is well.

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Steve Lee
      • Topics: 6
      • Replies: 3
      @leepylee
      North East
      GT250

To answer my own question, its the side stand cut out. another question though, In order to remove the clutch support from the bar is it necessary to remove switch gear and grip, otherwise it looks like I’d have to cut it.

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

The clutch perch mount slides out to the left, but yes drop the switch gear, then you may have to get creative in removing the rubber grip unless rubber is cut for a fresh rubber grip.

What’s the issue with the standard perch mount that hyosung uses for clutch levers ? –

The only thing i would say is don’t ever try the chinese perch mounts lest the clutch cables will be eaten frequently (many can attest to that over FB lol), hence my hyos never changed the official mounting unit.

tim C
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 7
      @atikid
      WEST YORKSHIRE
      hyosung gt125

Hi all , amongst the many problems I have to face with the rebuild of my 125 comet is the missing wires that you are talking about , I believe I have found the connector spades on the loom but missing the wires that go from there to the after market clutch lever.( may have to source original ones at some point) clutch cable was ill fitting but at the moment that problem seems a long way off

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hi all , amongst the many problems I have to face with the rebuild of my 125 comet is the missing wires that you are talking about , I believe I have found the connector spades on the loom but missing the wires that go from there to the after market clutch lever.( may have to source original ones at some point) clutch cable was ill fitting but at the moment that problem seems a long way off

If you can’t upload a picture or something , least i can try to understand you from the wire colours and where precisely the terminals are located along the harness trunk .

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar