Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      micky m
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 4
      @mickym
      south london
      gt250r 2010

big big thankyou to marcel for the advise on how i can get to the bulbs ,i wasnt sure if it was a sealed unit or not .so that is great news i guess thats another job ive got on thanks again .glad to be part of a great site ,i only aquired my gt250r last august and its as much fun as when i raced 250lc s in the 80s the look and size of it fools so many people ,they dont believe its a 250 .nice there are only 14 of us on the road stay safe everyone

micky m gt250r

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      • Topics: 38
      • Replies: 367
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Stay safe yourself too, a bit windy at the moment , safe to say i will be in the barns tinkering with something till then lol.

You will look after your Hyosung for sure 👍

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

micky m
        @mickym
        south london
        gt250r 2010

hi ,i finally found time to get to my clocks today and just like marcel said the clocks do come apart but once i got inside all i could find was a circuit board but alas no bulbs ,it looks as though its all didgital so im not sure if it will pass an m o t , now .the indicators do work but the right hand [green] flasher in the clocks is not lighting up to tell me im indicating right so need to know if it would be an advisory or a fail ..ive got a bit of time until my m.o t just wanted to get it all tip top cheers if anyone has any ideas

micky m gt250r

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hey,
      There is about 4 revisions off my head (visually speaking) about them dash units but dare i say,  all manual clocks always have the individual bulbs as i’ve seen them my self to fix em.   The Carby dash for GTR is digital 100% (old gen), as i own one.  The only bulbs i could change was for the tacho side mostly.

The white(dash) ones you have sometimes look all black, or have different color dails but why yours is totally digital for 2010! is a surprise , i went to the parts book again, it does look like the LCD panel is not even sold on its own  anymore in UK , except a complete unit (which is too much money!)

Your indicators light up on the dash in one side ?  I have a strong suspicion about the “mini” harness that the dash uses to connect to the frame of the bike – Get a multi meter , set to a few thousand ohms or something.  See if each coloured wire has a complete circuit  from end to end of the plug terminals? –

ie. Green end to end should NOT be zero but numbers jumping to infinity, this is assumed the wire is okay and check the terminals themselves are not corroded or anything including the dash unit itself.

Speaking of green = check your bulbs flash on the right side of the fairings front and rear, and their “GREEN” wire is also connected to the dash unit (to tell you its flashing right side) – Last thing to check was the whole bike harness itself , indicators for the right is green color wire, light green.

I do hope it doesn’t fail,  i did PASS an MOT on the Comet donor when the LEFT dash bulb wasn’t showing up but the tester could see the indicators themselves were flashing though and i can see them when i am sat on the bike, so it didn’t bother me too much in the past.   An advisory is a like a mission to fix the dash  (hopefully without needing to replace the whole LCD unit!)

micky m
      @mickym
      south london
      gt250r 2010

fantastic advise marcel its great to know i have someone with a vast amount of knowledge and experience with these machines at least now i have somewhere to start .wiring is not my thing but needs must so another busy weekend in the shed cheers again ,mick

micky m gt250r

micky m
      @mickym
      south london
      gt250r 2010

marcel ive put pics on the hyo facebook page on my wifes account of the clocks so you could get a better idea ,cheers mick

micky m gt250r

micky m
        @mickym
        south london
        gt250r 2010

cheers marcel the right hand mini harness did have a break in it.  all sorted but took forever and an age to find it .wheres a.the dry weather gone ,cant wait to get out for a proper blast

micky m gt250r

♠️ MARCEL
      Administrator
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

cheers marcel the right hand mini harness did have a break in it. all sorted but took forever and an age to find it .wheres a.the dry weather gone ,cant wait to get out for a proper blast

Fantastic! Ride steady fella,  glad the wiring was the suspect that i was thinking about mainly. Keep it safe from weather elements then it should be all good and enjoy the summer ahead lol

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar