Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      John
      • Topics: 7
      • Replies: 18
      @mac1
      Hartlepool
      Own

Hi I have a hyosung gv125 aquila 2009 does anybody know if you can use another carborator apart from the mikuni bds26 type double I have put new jets floats and needles and it still won’t run properly  I have tried everything I know so if anyone  can help it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Cobra2
      • Topics: 4
      • Replies: 94
      @cobra2
      Norway
      GT250R efi

Don’t think there is any alternative…but the Mikunis are great carbs….when set up properly. Float-level first, may be the hardest to get right…

Old and grumpy,(?), have fairly wide engine & tuning experience, "restoring/resto-mod" on cars & mc, worked as electronic tech. (retired).

GT125R - sold. New (used): GT250R-efi

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,892
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Other carbs = big money to a wizard to make airbox and new manifolds , cables , then carb tuning etc to make hyosung engine happy to run it.

Mikuni being japanese is a good carb if the last owners did not piss them off, so i can understand your frustrations.

you have to explain in a lot of detail what it is doing ?

how does it start?

how does it idle?

is it worse when hot ?

what rpm is best for her ?

which rpms does it bog down bad?

have you replaced the pump ?

are fuel lines and vacuum lines kinked?

is the tap on the tank replaced or did you clean it ? (it has dirt trap at bottom too like a big square nut)

what size pilot jets?

what size mains?

go to mixture screws  , replaced them? the rubber orings may have gone bad and is leaking out

did mixture screws got touched ? how many full turns out are they ?

as cobra says = float height is key

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

LaserBeam
      • Topics: 2
      • Replies: 26
      @laserbeam
      Earth
      Hyosung GT250R 2008

Hi I have a hyosung gv125 aquila 2009 does anybody know if you can use another carborator apart from the mikuni bds26 type double I have put new jets floats and needles and it still won’t run properly I have tried everything I know so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Hi John. I improved my 250’s carbs by running a strong fuel-cleaner on high-octane fuel, (for 2-3 tanks atlow-high revs). Mine need a service but i’m dredding it. New Ignition Coils & plugs you probably tried. If not, do them for sure. Marcel knows carbs; tell him what it sounds like. Theres a good BDS26 overhaual here:
      xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?t=548&start=20

-----LaserBeam---->

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.