Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Ian
      • Topics: 5
      • Replies: 10
      @ian900
      Wales
      St7

Hi all has anyone had problems with efi bike cutting out (st7) what hot and left to ideal I believe this is down to fuel evaporation although a bike from a hot country shouldn’t be a problem

Simon
      • Topics: 0
      • Replies: 107
      @syco
      Kent
      Gt250 f1

It is most likely that the euro 4/5  fueling what ever one hyosung are using on the bike, they run lean so in extreme heat sometimes you get the issues, you can change the way it fuels with a little bit of messing around with the emmision controls but I’m sorry I don’t know how the gd is set up, so I can’t really help.

Ian
      @ian900
      Wales
      St7

Thanks for your help you agree with me agree with me thanks again

Regards

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 39
      • Replies: 763
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Use E5 only
      Go to the battery and test these;

• What volts is the battery at idle (DC)
      • What volts is the battery at 5k revs  (DC)

Switch the multi meter to 200 to 500v AC next, while the bike is still running,  go and find the location of the stator on left side of the engine.

Follow its wire. Disconnect the yellow plug (3 pin yellow plug),  now do the following and report back

• Probe the meter and put both “red” and ” black” probes of the meter inside the 3 pin plug in this sequence.
      • Pin 1 & Pin 2 = Volts at 5k revs?
      • Pin 1 & Pin 3 = Volts at 5K revs?
      • Pin3 and Pin 1 = Volts at 5K revs?

It is a three phase stator, so we check all three lines.

There is no need to ground the frame or anything like that, we’re just seeing how much volt the stator gives in AC when disconnected (just the yellow plug!)

GV650,  GT650, ST7 = Main major electric faults is usually the bad regulators korea ships with the bikes because Hyosung doesn’t make them, but asks another company in Korea to make stators and regulators.

Stators usually survive okay,  but please check the wires are not burning hot or cooking up either, usually happens towards the regulator.

I do not mean to scare you off or anything as i’d want you to just go ride the bike but i’ve had instances where i’ve had to send both a new reg and new stator to folks in Scotland  (it’s colder up there though???, i digress!)

Also check service history to see if anything about the injectors have been cleaned etc  OR  go to Halfords or EuroCarParts and only get this item below:
      https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/fuel-and-oil-additives/wynns-formula-gold-petrol-treatment-500ml-166754.html

I do not recommend Redex, it isn’t great, despite its raves about it. Its effective on cars mainly.

If you have time and patience, you may strip the tank and (gently!) , remove the fuel pump and make sure its mesh filter isn’t overly clogged from years of debris or past keepers using junk supermarket fuel.   We do not need to replace the pump if it is still working but less clogged mesh is good to improve its fuel flow.

A new pump is quite costly , we have to avoid replacing it.  It will last as long as its taken care of 🙂

I hope i have made sense in this reply

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Ian
      @ian900
      Wales
      St7

Brilliant thanks for the information

Ian
      @ian900
      Wales
      St7

Hi does anyone know where I can get my bike remapped as fueling very off on

Regards

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Can you explain more ?
      And can you attach picture of the plugs so we see the sides (threads) and the middle (white center cone)

Being FI, did you make any mods to the exhaust or injectors or air filter and what are they (either a picture or show us a product link perharps of the mod changes)

Some Fi bikes can be sketchy on modifications if their sensors can detect that air flow has changed (intake or output/exhaust) the ecu as it is has a small margin of compensation before it leans out

or could just mean the Fi system needs cleaning (as all per above comments) ^

Ian
      @ian900
      Wales
      St7

Thanks  for the information will look into this

Ian
      @ian900
      Wales
      St7

Hi  had bike since 18 months old service regular snatchy on pick up on various gears anyone has a solution including remap or something cheaper

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Have you tried everything below ?

Use E5 only
      Go to the battery and test these;

• What volts is the battery at idle (DC)
      • What volts is the battery at 5k revs (DC)

Switch the multi meter to 200 to 500v AC next, while the bike is still running, go and find the location of the stator on left side of the engine.

Follow its wire. Disconnect the yellow plug (3 pin yellow plug), now do the following and report back

• Probe the meter and put both “red” and ” black” probes of the meter inside the 3 pin plug in this sequence.
      • Pin 1 & Pin 2 = Volts at 5k revs?
      • Pin 1 & Pin 3 = Volts at 5K revs?
      • Pin3 and Pin 1 = Volts at 5K revs?
        It is a three phase stator, so we check all three lines.

There is no need to ground the frame or anything like that, we’re just seeing how much volt the stator gives in AC when disconnected (just the yellow plug!)

GV650, GT650, ST7 = Main major electric faults is usually the bad regulators korea ships with the bikes because Hyosung doesn’t make them, but asks another company in Korea to make stators and regulators.

Stators usually survive okay, but please check the wires are not burning hot or cooking up either, usually happens towards the regulator.

I do not mean to scare you off or anything as i’d want you to just go ride the bike but i’ve had instances where i’ve had to send both a new reg and new stator to folks in Scotland (it’s colder up there though???, i digress!)

Also check service history to see if anything about the injectors have been cleaned etc OR go to Halfords or EuroCarParts and only get this item below:
      https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/fuel-and-oil-additives/wynns-formula-gold-petrol-treatment-500ml-166754.html

I do not recommend Redex, it isn’t great, despite its raves about it. Its effective on cars mainly.

If you have time and patience, you may strip the tank and (gently!) , remove the fuel pump and make sure its mesh filter isn’t overly clogged from years of debris or past keepers using junk supermarket fuel. We do not need to replace the pump if it is still working but less clogged mesh is good to improve its fuel flow.

A new pump is quite costly , we have to avoid replacing it. It will last as long as its taken care of 🙂

I hope i have made sense in this reply

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.