Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Aquila Queen
      • Topics: 1
      • Replies: 2
      @aquilaqueen
      Nottingham
      Hyosung Aquila GV125

Hello all first post here. I’ve fixed up a 2016 Aquila and love everything about it but the battery just won’t charge. It’s a brand new one but I’ve had to bump start it every time I want to go anywhere because the starter seems to kill the battery. I’m wondering if this is an alternator issue or a dodgy negative somewhere and wondered if anyone has had any similar problems. Cheers in advance 😁

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      • Topics: 45
      • Replies: 1,880
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Hello,

Nice of you to get hands on with the bike, i encourage you to do more as most garages don’t even want to look at them despite being South Korean (not chinese! lol)

I would say you have stator and regulator issues as its not uncommon for any brand motorcycle to exhibit the symptoms you mentioned,.

Regulator = 100000%  (Very common on Hyosung as Hyosung used cheap outsourced ones , they didn’t make em)
      Alas….
      This would in turn annoy the stators (aka. alternators)

So if you don’t mind, please advise what year your bike is ?  Or are you able to drain oil carefully , and remove the stator and take pictures to show us.  Hyosung uses 3 different flywheels and stators in all of their GV125s even the new 2023 ones.   Can’t mix and match on this one.   Has to be exact or a total upgrade of the flywheel and stator as a 1 unit.

If you don’t mind me asking….

• Do you have heated grips ?  (Can be taxing as the 125 stators don’t like it, but can offer you recommended ways to keep your hands warm)
      • Do you have USB charging kits near the battery for your GPS or Phones ?  (Check dodgy wires) could be sucking up the battery or taxing the bike when running
        (is it Oxford USB charging or some unknown chinese brand?)
      • What battery do you have now ?   (eg.  YUASA  YTX 9BS)  (code names will be written on battery and the brand name)
      • Are you handy with a multi meter ?  (aka, pocket tester)

// Meditation doesn't mean you have to sit still....

Aquila Queen
      @aquilaqueen
      Nottingham
      Hyosung Aquila GV125

Hello there, yes I’ve had to correct a few people that assume it’s Chinese 😂

Interesting you say it could be a regulator issue, could be a bigger problem than I first thought. So the model is the GV125c from 2016, it has a brand new yuasa battery that correlates to the bike but I can get a code for you when I get to work tomorrow as I’ll have to put it on charge again. There’s no attachments or USBs coming off the bike so it’s just factory bog standard. I do have access to a multi meter (checked the battery in case that was faulty)

thanks for the reply 😁

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Not to worry, keep us updated!

Aquila Queen
      @aquilaqueen
      Nottingham
      Hyosung Aquila GV125

Hello, my regulator has arrived and has been fitted 😁 I also found a melted wire running from the old regulator up the loom but I’ve replaced and isolated certain wires after a dodgy repair from the previous owner. She’s running absolutely sweet and I never realised the headlamps were so bright 😂

cheers for the help 👍 fantastic little group

♠️ MARCEL
      Admin
      @mf448kxn6
      North UK
      GTR

Nice one! and you’re welcome 🙂

Keep an eye on the battery and the plugs every now and then

Ride steady this hot season!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.